Chapter 12

~~~~
Becca's POV
~~~~
It was the middle of the night, when I heard strange noises in my room. I sat up in my bed, then looked over to Kayla's bed. She wasn't there.

"Kayla? Where are you?" I whispered loudly. "Kayla?" Then someone jumped on top of me and grabbed my hands. They tied me to the bed. "What are you doing?" I asked before they covered my mouth. Then they produced black magic from their hand and my eyes went wide.

"I'm sorry, Becca." A female voice said. It was Kayla. Why did she want to kill me? She can work with us, not against us. I shook my head until she removed her hand from my mouth. Did she know I have powers? I wasn't sure, so I'm not gonna show her yet. I'm gonna act helpless.

"What did I do? Why do you want to kill me? And where did you get these powers?" I kept asking questions.

"I got them after the four chosen elemental angels got their powers. And I know you're one of them." She said. So she thought I was because I was in the diamond cave yesterday. But she couldn't know for sure. And I definitely cannot show her that I have those powers, because that means that I would be exposing the guys as well. They were with me. So I have to act like I don't have any powers. And her biggest mistake is that she exposed herself to me.

"What are you talking about? Elemental angels? What is that?" I played dumb.

"The legend that Brandon told us in the bus. Do you remember that?" She asked.

"Oh. I do. But I told you I don't believe that shit." I lied. How could I not believe it when I'm one of the people it affected.

"Well, maybe you should." She said, making magic in her hands. I rolled my eyes.

"Fine, maybe the legend is true after all. But please don't kill me. I don't know about elemental powers." I lied again. She raised an eyebrow at me.

"But you were in the diamond cave yesterday. It has to be you." She said and then smirked at me. "Show me your chest." She said and I got scared, but didn't show it.

"Why?" I kept playing dumb. She rolled her eyes.

"The crystal should be there. If it's not there, you're safe. If it is I'm gonna have to kill you." She explained. I slowly tugged my shirt down. When I looked at my chest the crystal wasn't there. Where did it go? "Fine. I believe you. You're not it. But who could it be then?" She thought about it. I was shocked that the crystal wasn't there. "Bec, can you please... not tell anyone about my powers? I-It's kind of a big deal. But you could help me find and kill the elemental angels." She said and I was holding back a laugh. She thought I would help her kill my friends and myself. But I had to agree to 'keep' her secret and 'help' her. My friends are gonna find out about her powers in the morning.

"Okay, I'll help you. By the way, the powers are pretty cool." I lied. Mine were way cooler.

"Thanks. Glad I can trust you." She said with a smile on her face. Then we went to sleep. When Kayla was sleeping again I looked at my chest. Now the crystal was there again. Did it go into my skin when it sensed danger? I woke up at about 7 A.M. We were supposed to be in the main area at 9 A.M.

"Hey, Kayla." I said, noticing her waking up.

"Hey." She said and sat up in her bed. "Bec, do you want to maybe go searching for the elemental angels with me today?" She asked.

"Uh, sorry. I already have plans with Liam and his friends." I said truthfully.

"Since when do you like hanging out with those losers?" Kayla asked.

"Since yesterday. We kinda all bonded. And they are not losers." I said, hoping she would drop the subject, but I was wrong.

"Can I come with you? Maybe we can all look together for the elemental angels." That's when I was starting to get annoyed by her. But I tried keeping my cool.

"I don't think they'd like you being with them. And I don't think they wanna go search for some elemental angels. That could take a long time. We don't even have a guess on who it could be." I said, trying to get her to stop being annoying.

"C'mon, Bec. It'll be fun." She kept pushing. I couldn't take it anymore.

"I said no!" I shouted out. Then she got angry as well. There was balls of black magic coming from each of her hands.

"What did you say?" She asked with an evil tone in her voice.

"You won't scare me with that. You know what, Kayla? I'm done with you for now. You're so obsessed with catching some stupid kids with elemental powers you don't even focus on your friends! I'm done." I said and started walking towards the door.

"Becca, wai-" She called for me, but I slammed the bedroom door and quickly ran out of the cabin. I then went to Sandy's cabin. I knocked on the door. A girl I didn't know opened the door.

"Oh, it's you." She said with an annoyed tone and a look of disgust on her face.

"I-Is Sandy awake?" I asked and she nodded.

"Sandy, it's for you!" She said and soon Sandy was at the door.

"Bec, what's up?" She asked.

"We need to meet the boys ASAP." I said and she nodded.

"Let me just get my bag." She said, went back inside and in a minute we were on our way to their cabin. "I texted Steven that we're on our way." She said and I nodded. Soon we were knocking on the door of their cabin. Ryan opened the door and let us in. Then we were in the living room. Ryan sat on the couch, Sandy cuddled up next to him and I sat on a free spot next to Steven.

"Okay, we have a problem." I said and caught everyone's attention. "Kayla has an evil power that she got after we got ours. She thought I was one of the people that got a power because I was in the diamond cave. I mean, she wasn't wrong but I convinced her that I'm not and she totally believes me. And her biggest mistake was that she showed me she has that power. She thinks I'm not gonna tell anyone, but you have to know. We have to defeat her." I explained.

"You're good. Thank god she didn't know about the crystal on your chest." Steven said and I remembered about that as well.

"That's the thing. She did. And I showed my chest to her. But when I pulled my shirt down it wasn't there. And then half an hour later it was back. It's like it has some kind of self defense mechanism. Whenever there's danger it pulles itself into your body." I explained. Then Liam took the book out.

"That's true. It says so in the book." Liam said.

"Does it say anything about a fifth element?" I asked and Liam looked through the book.

"Yes." He said. "The fifth crystal is the crystal of evil. It contains all four elements and the soul of an evil monster in it. It will only be revealed when the four elemental angels have left the room the crystals were hidden in. The only way to defeat the person with the fifth element is if each elemental angels masters their bending skill and then they have to attack the black crystal together and destroy it." Liam read.

"Okay, so we have to master our powers quickly." Steven said. The rest of us nodded. Now we had a goal. We knew what our mission was. Destroy the evil inside Kayla.