Chapter 14

~~~~
Liam's POV
~~~~
We were on our way to the beach when Becca spoke up.

"So, I'm pretty sure that Kayla knows about us. And I definitely can't sleep in my own bed tonight. I'm in a room with Kayla. She'll kill me." She said and then turned to Sandy. "Do you mind if I sleep with you for the rest of the trip?" She asked and Sandy shook her head.

"I'd be glad to help." Sandy answered in a cheerful voice. They kept talking about stuff I didn't really care about. I saw that Sandy was cuddled up into Ryan's arm and I just wished I could do that. But Steven himself said he doesn't like me. And speak of the devil, he then decided to put his arm on my shoulder.

"You look like you're deep in thought. Whatcha thinkin' 'bout?" He asked in a cute voice, playfully poking my face. He doesn't even know what he's doing to me. I just wanna kiss him. But I can't.

"Nothing actually. I was just... daydreaming." I said and he raised an eyebrow at me. I looked at the ground. Then he came closer to my ear. Goddamnit. He's driving me crazy. It's getting harder to hold back.

"Just between us..." He whispered in my ear. "Who's your crush?" He asked. I pushed him away from me.

"Get off of me." I said. He had a sad look on his face. Then we finally made it back to the beach and continued practising.

"It's our second day here. We still have three more days ahead of us here." Ryan said. I nodded. I'm gonna miss it when we get back home. I mean, we're definitely gonna hang out a lot, but I'm gonna miss this bond we got here.

I raised myself on a stone again and made it move back and forth. Then I made a stone tornado and shot it towards the water. I then looked around at what everyone else was doing. Becca was working on controling the water and she was making waves and shapes out of water. Ryan was focusing his energy and then continuously shooting fire out of his hands. Steven was making balls of air, riding on it for a bit and then shooting it at a stone. I then decided to try and feel my surrounding. I closed my eyes and breathed in and out deeply. I could feel someone moving towards me. I couldn't tell who it was, but it was coming from behind me. I made a wall in front of them.

"Woah. How did you see me?" I heard Sandy ask.

"I didn't. I felt you coming. I finally managed to do it. I felt the surrounding. I could feel every movement. I even knew exact locations of Bec, Steven and Ryan." I explained and she smiled at me.

"You're doing such big progress already. I'm proud of you. I think we're gonna defeat evil Kayla really quick." She said and high-fived me. I then placed the stone I was standing on back in the ground. I went to the boat.

"Guys, anyone wanna come with me?" I asked.

"Not right now, Liam. I think I almost figured this move out and I wanna get it done today." Becca said.

"I really need to focus on my firebending." Ryan said.

"I'll stay with them." Sandy chimed in.

"I can go. I mean, I'm a natural so I can afford a break." Steven then spoke up. The only person I didn't really want to come along, comes along. And we're going alone. We untied the boat and we were in silence until we got to the middle of the lake. Then Steven spoke up. "Look, I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable before." He apologized.

"It's fine." I simply answered. Then he patted my knee.

"By the way, I'm really proud you decided to out yourself to us." He said and I shot him a shy smile.

"Well, I knew everyone would be supportive. We're friends with a gay guy." I said and laughed a bit. "And I knew you wouldn't be a problem at all when you're LGBT yourself. I had nothing to hide." I added and he nodded.

"Why do I feel like we have this awkward tension around us? We used to be so chill with each other." Steven said.

"We were chill until I climbed on top of you and made you feel uncomfortable. Ever since that happened I'm confused." I confessed.

"You didn't make me feel uncomfortable. I was just flustered." He said. "You know, I've never really had such a hot, popular guy on top of me. It was a shock." He added. "And in what way do you mean that you've been confused?" He then asked. I really was hoping he wouldn't ask that.

"Well, I was sure you liked me. But then I asked you and you straight up told me that you don't like me." I said.

"Oh, that was a lie. I lied because at the time I still didn't know about your sexuality so I thought you'd be relieved if I said that I don't like you." He confessed. Wow. "I have like the biggest crush on you. And I'm not afraid to admit that. But I'm probably not your type. Why would a hot gut like you want someone who's like me. That just doesn't wor-" He kept talking, but I grabbed his face and connected my lips with his. God, that felt amazing. He was quick to push me away with his air powers. "Was that... for real?" He asked. I nodded.

"I realized I like you as soon as I found myself on top of you. You just looked perfect and acted perfect. Everything felt perfect. That's why I asked you if you liked me. I wanted confirmation. But you turned me down and I was scared to make a move." I confessed and he smirked at me. His smirk soon disappeared.

"You like me. But... why?" He asked and I laughed. Then I poked his nose.

"Exactly because of that. You're completely blind to the fact that you're perfect in every single way." I said, truthfully. "And I want you to realize that."

"Aww, don't start getting all romantic now. I'm not in the mood to cry." He joked. Then he kissed me again.

"You know, I told myself I'd never fall for another guy. But I guess I could make an exception for you." I joked and he laughed.

"Shut your damn mouth and kiss me. Enjoy the moment." He said and then kissed me. Then he cuddled up next to me and we were sitting in comfortable silence. This tension between us was only there because of a stupid misunderstanding and reading the signals wrong. But I'm glad we cleared that up. After a few minutes I finally gathered the courage to speak up.

"So..." I started and he raised his head to look at me. "Do you... wanna make this official?" I awkwardly asked. He smiled and kissed me again. "Is that a yes?" I asked when he pulled back.

"Choose for yourself." He said with a devilish smile on his face.