Chapter 5

Picture of John

Picture of John

Picture of Mike

Picture of Mike

~~~~
Liam's POV
~~~~
Then we finally arrived at the camp. I was talking to Steven, Ryan and Sandy when John showed up.

"Bro, come with me for a moment." He said. I rolled my eyes and then followed him. He led me to the rest of the jocks and cheerleaders. Brandon, Carl, Mike, Kayla and Becca stared at me as soon as they saw me.

"What do you want?" I asked, annoyed.

"First of all, we don't like you hanging out with the losers. And definitely not with that fag." Mike said. I wanted to punch him in the face. But I managed to hold back.

"Not nice, Mike." Becca said. She then gave me an apologetic look. I didn't know if she was only doing it to appeal to me or if she really meant it.

"And secondly, we want to be with you in a house, but there's only cabins for four. So you can decide who's not gonna be in the house since you're the captain." Brandon said. I sighed.

"Okay. I know who's not gonna be in it." I said. Everyone looked at me.

"Really?" Carl asked. I nodded.

"I'm not gonna be in it. I've already decided that I'm gonna be with Steven and Ryan. Sorry guys." I said and walked off.

"You'd rather pick those losers than be with the cool kids?" Carl asked and captured my attention. I was really mad right now. I went back to Carl and gripped his t-shirt.

"Listen here, smartass. By your behaviour I'd say you're the losers. You're completely ignorant and arrogant. I can't believe I used to be friends with you." I spat out. Then I locked eyes with Becca. Her eyes were watery. She was trying to hold back so many tears. That hurt in my heart. I didn't really care about what anyone else thought, but for some reason I felt horrible that she was hurting. I let go of Carl's t-shirt and walked towards my friends.

"What was that?" Steven asked.

"Nothing. They still had the guts to ask me if I wanna be in a cabin with them. Like bitch, there's a reason I ain't talking to them." I said and Steven chuckled. "What?"

"You're not gay? No straight guy would randomly say: 'like bitch'." He said with a smile on his face.

"I'm not gay. I swear." I said. He raised an eyebrow.

"I bet you kissed a boy already and liked it. You just don't wanna admit it." He kept teasing. I looked at the ground, blushing.

"Kids, let's assign cabins. When you got four people come over to me and tell me your group. Then you'll get the key and you can go unpack." Mrs. Grimm then spoke into a microphone. Thank god for her timing.

"Let's just wait 'till only we're left. Maybe we get lucky and it's gonna be only the three of us." Steven said. I nodded. "Sandy, who you gonna be with, babe?" He then asked.

"Oh, my girl friend's from my french class. You know, the ones that I always talk about how we do shit together." She said.

"Okay." He simply replied. Soon Sandy was called by three girls. I guess that was them.

"Bye, babe. Love you." Sandy said and gave Steven a quick hug. "See you later, you losers." She said as she walked past Ryan and I. I laughed and waved. Ryan did the same. Then everyone was done and it really was only the three of us.

"Looks like you got lucky. You're only three in one cabin. And you get the best one. Right at the beach." She said as she handed Ryan the keys. We turned around, but mrs. Grimm captured our attention one last time before we left. "Remember boys, today at 7 P.M. here. We're gonna assign groups for hiking tomorrow." She added and we nodded. Then we walked towards our cabin. It was all the way in the back, right by the beach. Just how she said it.

"Guys, this week's gonna be awesome." Steven said. I raised an eyebrow.

"Even with me here?" I asked.

"Yeah. Liam, we're over this. I told you, you've proven your worth. I can trust you. We're friends." He said and I couldn't help but feel like a weight has been lifted off my chest. While Steven and I were talking Ryan unlocked the door.

"Guys, come inside." He said and held the door open for us.

"Thanks for being a gentleman." Steven said in a feminine way. I laughed at him and shot him a smile. He glared at me with a deadly look. Then he dropped his suitcase on the ground and started chasing me around.

"I'm a jock, you think you'll catch me?" I teased.

"Uh, duh. I'll catch you right now if you don't look in front of you." He said. I quickly looked in front of me but it was too late. I ran into a wall and fell to the ground. I was laying on my back when he decided to sit on my stomach. He grabbed my wrists and pinned me to the ground.

"Are you okay?" I heard Ryan's voice.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just can't move right now." I said and glared at Steven. He shot me an innocent smile. "You're literally so fucking gay it's just radiating off you." I teased and he pouted.

"I'll just go unpack while you figure this out. Oh, and I'm taking a room for myself." Ryan said.

"No, you aren't." Steven said.

"I just did. That's what you get when you fight with Liam." He said and went into a room. Then Steven looked at me.

"He got you there." I said and he let go of my wrists. That's when I took the chance and started tickling him. He broke out laughing and soon we switched places. I stopped when I was sitting on top of him. Our eyes locked. Soon he blushed and looked away. A smirk built on my face.

"Get off me, Liam. You're an asshole." He said and I chuckled. He is cute when he's mad. "Liam, please get off me." He begged.

"But I'm comfortable." I teased.

"It's not funny, Liam." He said, blushing even harder. That's when I realized I should stop. Does he have a crush on me? I got off him and held my hand out. He hesitated for a moment, but then he grabbed my hand. I helped him up.

"I'm sorry. I didn't realize-"

"No, it's fine. I promise." He said, his head still looking at the ground. Then he took his suitcase and went to his room. Soon I did the same. We were unpacking quietly. No one said a word.