Special Chapter - The Beast

This is my holiday day gift po. Happy New Year.
Enjoy :)
-----

Maria gave birth to a healthy baby girl. We were both damn happy when our daughter came into this world. Although, I would like a son as my first child so he can help me protect his siblings. But all is well as long as Maria is the mother of my children.

To be honest, husband taking care of his pregnant wife requires a lot of hard work and a very long patience. Now I understand why Helios was willing to pay millions without second thoughts just to give Zuri the kambal na saging. Maria's cravings was hard to find though. One time, she asked me to find a watermelon. Sounds easy but think again. She meant seedless watermelon.

But pregnant or not, I'm still willing to give her the whole world.

I was with her when she gave birth and I literally cried when I saw the pain in her eyes. Parang gusto ko na lang ilipat sa tyan ko ang dinadala nya para hindi na sya mahirapan. Especially when she was having a labor. Nagrereklamo sya na parang pinupunit daw ang likod nya. But she still smiled at me with tears in her eyes, telling me that I shouldn't worry 'cause she's okay.

Nasasaktan na sya, pero ako pa rin ang iniisip nya.

God... Did I ever do something right to deserve a beauty like her even though I'm a beast?

Two weeks after Maria gave birth, there's a small changes in her behavior. Mabilis syang maging malungkot at hindi na sya ganoong kasaya. She often question herself that she might not be a good mother to our child.

I think she's overwhelmed to this new phase of her life.

Isang beses ay naabutan kong umiiyak ang bata while Maria was trying to breastfeed her. But our baby was refusing to breastfeed. Nakaupo si Maria sa kama, resting her back on the headrest. I can see the distress in her eyes as she tried breastfeeding our child but to no avail. Our baby just keep on crying out loud.

Until Maria can't take it anymore and she cried as well.

"Hey, hey, hey..." I said when I walked towards her. Umupo ako sa tabi nya at pinunasan ang mga luha nya. "What's wrong?"

"Si Astraea kasi, Creed. Ayaw ng gatas ko." she said and cried harder this time. Gumaya ang anak namin sa kanya kaya umiiyak na ngayon ang dalawang baby ko.

I sighed. We both don't have any idea how to take care of our child. This is the first time for the both of us. Kahit na ilang libro pa ang binasa namin para sa paghahanda sa anak namin, iba pa rin pala talaga kapag in real life situation na.

"Baka ayaw nya akong maging nanay nya, Creed. Ayaw sa akin ng anak natin." Maria said as she cries.

Seeing Maria in her tears has always been my weakness. It is my vow that I'll make her the happiest woman alive when she married me but seeing her crying face makes me feel that I am failing as her husband. God, I really don't deserve her, do I?

But I just have to wipe her tears and try again. I will not stop hanggang hindi ko na makita ang luha iyon sa mga mata nya. Hindi ako titigil hangga't hindi pa sya ang babaeng pinakamasaya sa lahat.

I tried to remember the contents of the book that I read about postpartum depression. I think that this is what happening with her right now. Dahil kung wala syang PPD, hindi naman sya aakto ng ganito. Maria has always been the fighter.

But it looks like I have to fight in her place right now. Dahil hindi nya kaya.

I took a break from the firm to take care of my wife. Alam kong hindi pa nya kaya ang mag isang mag alaga sa anak namin. I want her to feel that I'm just here and she's not alone.