Chapter 33. The Truth will Out!

As he approached the healers small home a large crowd had began to form around it, a barely healed Ron and his friends at the centre.

Maybe if Zack knew how badly the situation would escalate once he got to the healers home, he might have taken his time getting there. Or he might had turned tail and run the other way, but he didn't, so Zack quickly made his way over to the healers cabin, oblivious to what was to come.

As he got closer he could hear the angry voices among them, mostly from his fathers former inner circle. When they saw his approach, James, his Dads beta, growled angrily and stormed toward him and immediately began screaming in his face. "That bitch of yours needs to be taught a lesson! Who the fuck does she think she is? Attacking a senior member of this pack, she should be brought before us and punished!" He demanded.

Zack felt his rage rise at the blatant disrespect his fathers former beta showed. Not only by his aggressive manner but also the fact he was questioning his Alpha in front of many of the pack. The kind if insolence and disrespect could not and would not be tolerated. "You need to step back right now James and watch your tone with me. I will not put up with your shit and posturing. Ron deserved what he got and more! My mate was defending a weaker pack member and herself. I am proud of her and her actions! If you don't like it James, you and your cronies are free to leave the pack anytime you want. In fact it might be a good idea if you all did just that!" He stepped even closer, till he was almost nose to nose with his fathers despicable friend.

"I have had more than enough of your crap over the years and I have reached the end of my patience. The only reason you are even still here is out of respect to my dad. But that respect has reached the end. If you and your fellow.......pack mates are not gone by morning you will be collected up by my beta and enforcers,one by one, and escorted of pack lands. And trust me, you do not want it to go down that way!" Zack stated calmly.

James's face was red and twisted with rage by the time Zack finished speaking. His wolf showing in his glowing eyes. "Your father will never allow us to be banished!" He spat.

"I don't need my fathers permission to do anything James, I am Alpha! And I have told you what is happening. Either under your own steam or at the hands of my enforcers, it's up to you. Now get out of my face before I loose what's left of my temper!" Zack finished on a snarl of his own.

James stepped back, looking around at the pack members who had been drawn to the scene, some looking confused, some angry but the most of them looked disgusted at the disrespect shown to their Alpha, who they had so recently voted to remain as Alpha. "Are you all going to stand around and just let this happen. Allow us to be driven from our pack and homes? I have been a loyal member of this pack for nearly fifty years! I served as our Alpha's beta for twelve of those years. I gave him my unwavering loyalty and now I'm being banished! For speaking out! For defending my fellow pack mate. If Ronan we're here he would demand I remain. He knows what loyalty is!" He shouted to the gathered crowd.

The stunned silence was broken by a soft feminine voice. "But he isn't here James! And he is not our Alpha. Zack is our Alpha. His word is law!" Rose said softly her voice carrying over the heads of the gathered pack. The healer looked out at her pack mates and friends. "And why isn't he here? He isn't here because of the decisions he and his mate made. Decisions that led to the systemic and prolonged abuse of a young female under their rule!"

James scoffed angrily. "You don't know what you are talking about healer! Go back inside where you belong and tend to your patients!"

"I will not! I have as much right as you to be heard!" She looked down at the aggressive male. "You also played your part in what happened to that child. What's your excuse James?"