The Log Father

This story happens during Xisuma's episode 536: Logfellas VS The State. Xisuma and Ren had been operating under the control of the Log Father and had been called into court. Scar (acting as judge) decides to question the Log Father. Hesitantly the Logfellas led Scar, Cub, Doc, Iskall, Ren, Python, Joe, Wels, and False to a small forest on the edge of a mushroom island where the Log Father had waited.

~~~~~~~~~

'KILL THEM,' the voice shouted in his head. Xisuma felt his grip tighten on his sword.

'Please don't make me do this," X thought. His sword was raised behind an unsuspecting Iskall.

"It's a freaking rabbit!" Iskall croaked between bursts of laughter, completely oblivious to the danger he was currently in.

There were other hermits there; False, Doc, Python, Wels, Joe, Scar, Cub; but their eyes were all trained on the Log Father. All they could see was a simple rabbit, not the cruel, twisted being that had been controlling him and Ren for months. His eyes moved over to where Ren stood behind Wels, his axe ready at any moment.

Xisuma tried to stop, tried to put his sword away or scream for them to look out, but it was no use. Being so close to the Log Father prevented him from resisting his control. He tried once more to close his eyes so he wouldn't have to watch himself kill his friend, but his eyes remained on his target.

The voice inside his head let out one last screech of 'NOOOoooo,' but then it faded away. The voice stopped. Xisuma dropped his sword.

Doc saw this and tackled him to the ground. "What were you doing?" Doc hissed into X's ear. Xisuma just stared at the sight before him. The Log Father lay right in front of Iskall – dead.

"I'm free," X whispered.

Xisuma felt Doc's arm force him harder into the ground. "You are going to tell me what the heck this all is about," Doc growled.

Xisuma turned his head towards Iskall, who had spun around at this point. "Iskall, you killed the Log Father. You saved us. We are free!" Xisuma couldn't keep the happiness and relief from flooding into his voice and onto his face.

Iskall looked back with pure rage. "You seriously believe that we would fall for this? That you think we would believe that you worked for a freaking RABBIT!"

Scar cleared his throat and all the hermits looked over at him. "Despite the recent findings, Xisuma Z. Void and Ren D. Dog have been found guilty. Under the influence of rabbit kind does not make you innocent of your crimes against the hermit people."

"But Scar..." Xisuma could not stop himself let those words slip out. All eyes turned to him. Xisuma swallowed. "Now that the Log Father is gone, we don't have to kill you anymore." A few hermits let out a small gasp.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Doc asked.

"The Log Father is no longer telling us to kill you all. Didn't you hear him?" X responded.

The group was silent before Joe spoke, softly as if to preserve the peace, "X... we didn't hear anything."

Xisuma sat there dumbfounded. How could they not have heard the Log Father? The Log Father was always whispering in his ear. To steal a couple saplings or to break Mumbo's redstone tree farm, the Log Father always told him what to do. A few moments ago, the Log Father had screamed at him to kill them all. How did they not hear it?

"You were just here. The Log Father told us to kill you and burn you all," Ren said.

"They are clearly crazy," Iskall told the other hermits.

"You will now be placed into custody by Sheriff False and you will be taken to prison. Your shops will be shut down and your diamonds will be taken to Hermit Treasury," Scar said with no sympathy towards the two.

"What are we going to do now?" asked Ren.

"I hope you rot in jail," Doc said as he pushed X further into the ground.

Xisuma could feel the air get pushed out of him an unfortunately he had a root right under his neck. His throat was pushed into the root and he tried to let out a garbled sound, but the world slowly turned black around him.

~~~~~~~~~

What did you guys think? This was my first piece of Hermitcraft fanfiction, and I hope you enjoyed it. The next piece should be out soon. As always, feel free to leave ideas for other stories. Thank you so much for reading.

Take care of yourselves!

-J