Not Just Words Hurt

WARNING! There will be descriptions of torture.

~~~~~~~~~

Xisuma never saw the knife coming. One moment he was mocking Evil X, and the next he was screaming. The blade felt unnaturally hot. It pierced right through his unprotected skin and seared his insides.

"Feel so confident now?" Evil X mocked.

"What... why is it..." X stuttered through his screams.

A cruel, twisted smile spread across Evil X's face. "Do you like it? I didn't want you to end up bleeding out, so with just a little bit of heat I don't have to worry about that."

He had heated the blade. That explained the burning feeling. He had cauterized the wound. Just as the pain was starting to dim, the blade twisted in his shoulder. Tears started to flow down his face. He began to cough. Each cough racked his insides and it was slowly getting harder to breathe.

Evil X pulled out the knife. X hung there for a while, gasping for a breath. "What is wrong with you?" Evil X asked.

The coughing had started to die down. "Breathing problems... need helmet," was all he managed to say before he had another coughing fit. Dark spots were beginning to cloud his vision. "Spare in closet."

He saw Evil X hurry out of the cell. He barely knew him, but X hoped that Evil X could find his spare. He was beginning to feel light headed. His eyes started to close.

Suddenly he felt something get jammed over his head. Breathing started to feel much easier and he took a grateful gulp of air. Opening his eyes, he saw Evil X's annoyed face, tinted yellow from the glass from his visor. He had found the spare helmet.

"Aww, you do care about me," X joked.

Evil X's response was a kick in the ribs. Once again the breath was knocked out of Xisuma. "You are only allowed to die when I want you to."

"I'll keep that in mind the next time I almost die."

Evil X scowled. "That sass isn't going to get you anywhere."

"Yeah, but it sure is fun to annoy you."

A scorching pain sprouted from his other shoulder. Xisuma let out another ear-piercing scream. "You are going to learn very quickly that when I am not happy, you are not going to be happy. You are stuck in here. There are no friends coming to save you. Your friends are going to suffer and it is your fault. You can't stop me," Evil X's face was dead serious.

X ignored the searing pain in his shoulder. "If you hurt any of them..." he said through gritted teeth. He wasn't going to let him touch his friends.

"You aren't going to do anything. You are in no situation to stop me and it's going to be easy to hurt them. After all, who would expect that their good friend Xisumavoid would ever do anything to hurt them. In their eyes, it will be you that brought them this pain, and isn't that the truth. If you had never met any of them then then they wouldn't have to go through this."

Tears started building up in his eyes. At this point he didn't know if it was the pain or the words that stung worse. He was telling the truth. Evil X was going to hurt the other Hermits to get at him and it was all his fault.

"Speaking of friends, looks like a certain mustachioed man had arrived. I shouldn't keep him waiting." The knife was left in his shoulder. "You can keep that for now. I don't need it to hurt your friend."

The cell door was once again shut and reality hit. Mumbo was in danger and there was nothing Xisuma could do to save him.

~~~~~~~~~

How is it that I always end up hurting my favorites? You would think that I hate Xisuma at this point, but honestly, I don't want him to get hurt. He just ends up doing stupid stuff and I just get to watch it happen and write about it. At this point you guys have more of an impact on the story than I do, so tell me what you want to see next!

May your evil twin not replace you and threaten your friends!

-J