Fear Sinks In

Everything hurt. Xisuma tried to open his eyes, but the light made his head spin. He tried to move his arms up to rub his eyes, but something was keeping them from moving. With his head protesting, he forced his eyes open. A spike of terror filled him. He looked over at his wrist and dread hit. His communicator was gone. 

Shivering, X realized he was no longer in his armor. His boots, gloves, and helmet were all gone. All he was left wearing is the black leggings and black shirt that he wore under his armor. A sigh of relief escaped him when he saw that he still had a shirt on. He glanced over at a mirror that hung on one of the walls and understood why he hurt so much. He was covered with small cuts and bruises. This next week was going to be fun. To make matters worse he saw the chains connected to cuffs, securing his wrists to the wall. 

He tried to get his feet under him to stand up, but a wave of dizziness hit him. He slumped to the ground, hanging from the chains on his wrists. The cuffs painfully dug into his wrists. He struggled to find a comfortable way to sit but, after quite some time, he was able to situate his legs underneath him and relieve his aching wrists. 

X thought back to the last thing he remembered. That other person looked and sounded just like him. What was that he had said? 'They can't know that you are gone.' He knew that Doc was coming over though. Did he think that Doc wouldn't wonder where he went. Realization dawned on him. The other Xisuma was going to pretend to be him. He had said, 'It's my turn to play.' Was that what he meant? A shiver ran down his spine.

He was such an idiot. How did X not see him coming? Surely Silver had tried to warn him. He probably had been so wrapped up in his work that he missed her warning. X let out a sigh. Sometimes he was just so stupid.

Xisuma sat and started to sing to himself. "When the day is long and you're tired. When your redstone isn't fair. When you're sure you got it right. But it's just derps right, well that's life. Don't let yourself down. Because everybody tries. And everybody derps, sometimes." He wish he had his guitar so he could at least play along, but sadly he was stuck here. A small tear rolled down his face.

Claps echoed around the room. "Wonderful performance! It's a shame that no one else will ever hear you sing," the other Xisuma said as he walked into the cell. 

"Who are you?" Xisuma asked the other, his lips forming a snarl.

"No one of importance, but you can call me Evil Xisuma or Evil X. Well, your friends just call me Xisuma." Evil X cackled. 

"You really think that they would really fall for that? Doc will know that you aren't me. Especially since Silver won't trust you," X said, sounding more confident than he felt. He had hope that they would find him, eventually.

Xisuma's confidence faded when Evil X let out a menacing laugh. "They already fell for it."

His heart sank. Surely they saw the difference? "I don't believe a word you say."

"What about what he says?" Evil X pulled out a communicator, X's communicator, and played a recording. It was Doc's voice.

"I will come back tomorrow. Get some sleep. I think that the lack of sleep is getting to you," Doc said, his voice catching in his throat.

Rage filled Xisuma. "What did you say to him?" He knew that Doc would never walk away like that, especially since Doc knew that he was overworking himself, and he heard how distraught Doc sounded.

"The truth." X froze at Evil X's words. "I told him that he doesn't know the true you."

~~~~~~~~~

The song that X sung is one that he sung in episode 632. It's titled "Everybody Derps". I am currently working on bringing Joe and Mumbo into this, but what other Hermits would you like to see? You may actually see a bit of the Spoon in the next chapter. Thank you all so much for reading!

Take some time and appreciate X's singing. You won't be disappointed.

-J