Realization

Mumbo ran along Doc with Ren and Python trailing behind. Biffa's base was coming into view. "We're almost there," he called out excitedly, looking back at the two.

"Look out!" Python yelled.

Mumbo looked forward and skidded to a stop, almost falling in the mud. Less than an inch away stood Biffa in his red and gold armor holding a steaming cup of tea. "Hello there."

The spoon quickly regained his composure. "We need your help."

Biffa raised an eyebrow. "Help with what?"

"X is in trouble, we think the Log Father is back," Ren said through heavy breaths.

The cup of tea clattered on the table. "Where is he?" Biffa's playful voice grew serious.

"He's at his base. We think Joe is with him now," Doc explained.

Biffa pulled out his communicator. "That's weird, Joe sent me a message just barely."

They all stared at each other. Python was the one to voice their feelings. "What did it say?"

"A copy can never match the original. Only those who are skilled enough can identify the fake." Biffa read aloud.

Only the sound of a faint breeze could be heard. "I have no idea what Joe is talking about half the times he opens his mouth," Ren said, breaking the silence.

"That's weird. I think I heard him ask Xisuma who he was earlier." Doc's gaze shot over to Mumbo as he said those words.

"What if that is what this is all about?" Doc said. 

Mumbo felt confused. "What do you mean?"

Doc's eyes grew wide. "What if that wasn't Xisuma?"

"Doc, are you crazy? That is absolutely absurd!" Ren said, but Doc shushed him.

"It makes sense! Why didn't I notice?" Doc started muttering and pacing around.

Ren grabbed onto Doc's shoulder. "Doc, stop and explain. What makes you think that that is not Xisuma?"

Doc turned and looked at him, tears brimming his eye. "Why am I so stupid. The new suit, his aggression, even Silver, everything was screaming that it was not him."

"It's not your fault Doc. I didn't notice either," Mumbo said.

Doc's eyes went even wider than before. "The scream! That was him! We have to go, we have to save him!"

"Slow down Doc," Biffa said. "We don't have any proof that that isn't actually X."

"But we do," Python pipped in. "Joe figured it all out. I bet that he went to confront the impostor."

"True, and knowing Joe, I'm sure he was able to take him down," Biffa agreed.

Doc brushed Ren's hand off. "I'm not so sure. The other X looked really well armored."

"Either way we still need to go help them."

Mumbo jumped as Doc let out a growl. "If they had hurt X, they'll be sorry."

~~~~~~~~~

I'm so excited for the next chapters! I hope y'all are as hyped as I am. 

Thank you all for reading! Make sure to tell me what Hermits you want to see next. See y'all in the next chapter.

-J