Making Up?

Three had passed since the fight, and Solveigh and Trey still weren't talking. The others noticed it, but Sol sensed they didn't want to say anything. Even Gracie, her rather nosy roommate, wasn't asking a billion questions. Maybe she just hadn't noticed yet; Gracie and Sol didn't know each other that well after all.

Honestly, Sol felt bad about her part in the argument. In hindsight, Trey's reaction was kind of justified. He was still being ridiculous, but Sol shouldn't have bit his head off. Maybe she had been too free with Elias, but that was really just how she was. Besides, Sol thought it was dumb to stop having friends who were guys just because you had a boyfriend. A guy and girl could be friends without falling in love or anything like that.

Sol just liked Elias as a friend, and barely that. They'd only spoken twice, and it was pretty hard to get to know someone in two conversations. But that was beside the point. Solveigh was in love with Trey, even if he was getting on her nerves right now, and she didn't want to fight with him. It had only been three days and she already missed him too much to be mad anymore.

So here she was, sitting in her dorm after class, trying to figure out what to say. Sol had typed up then deleted a dozen different messages, now she slammed her laptop shut with a huff of frustration.

"Something wrong?" Gracie asked as Sol flopped back on her bed. When Sol just sighed, she said, "Well, since you are obviously not going to tell what this is all about, I'll just say this: it's usually better to work things out face to face."

Gracie could be annoying, but she was probably right. Sol preferred to do things in person, too. "Yeah...," she replied, feeling around until she found her phone. "You're probably right. I'll be back."

"Good luck!" Gracie called back as Sol left the room.

As she walked, Sol sent a text to Trey:
     Hey. Can you meet me by the gym? Side door. I need to talk to you.

Several minutes passed and he didn't reply. Sol tried again:
     Please. I just want to talk.

This time he texted back:
     Fine.

Solveigh blew out a breath. Obviously, Trey was still mad; this want going to be easy. Although, his temper tantrum was the reason they were in this situation in the first place. Almost immediately, though, she banished the thought. She was tryin to mend their fences, not fan the flames. "Be an adult, Sol," she muttered to herself.

Trey was waiting when Sol rounded the corner of the gym. "So," he said as she approached. "What do you want to talk about?"

The attitude in his voice really ticked Solveigh off, and she had to bite back a snarky response. Instead, she took a deep, measured breath and said, "Actually, I came here to apologize."

"Oh?" Trey still sounded a little suspicious, but the bite was gone from his voice.

"I'm not saying you were right," Sol continued. "In fact, I still think you overreacted, but so did I. I shouldn't have flown off the handle at you; I should have at least heard you out. I'm sorry."

Trey didn't say anything for a long time, but finally he sighed. "I'm sorry too," he said. "I shouldn't have gone after you like I did. It wasn't fair on you. You're just a friendly person; you're nice to everyone. I did overreact, and I am sorry."

"I really didn't mean anything by it, you know that, right?" Sol said.

"I know," Trey replied quietly. "And I'll try to do better in the future. Okay?"

Sol smiled a little bit. "Okay. And I'll try to do better, too."

Their was a long silence before Trey cleared his throat and said, "We should probably get going. Curfew is in a few minutes and we don't want to get locked out. I'll talk to you tomorrow?"

"Talk to you tomorrow," Sol replied. Then she quickly added, "I love you."

A pause then, "I love you, too."

Everything was okay now; she and Trey had made up. So why then did she still have this bad feeling in the back of her mind? Sol shook off the thought. She was probably just tired; things would look better in the morning.