Chapter 3: Behind Closed Doors

Andrea's P.O.V.

"Home sweet home." I sighed as I swung open the front door of my house.

I set my backpack onto the steps and headed towards the kitchen. I glanced up at the microwave that was blinking 5:37. Claire's party didn't start for awhile. I opened up the pantry and grabbed a small bag of Lay's potato chips from the bottom shelf. I walked back to the stairs, swung my backpack over my shoulder, and trotted up to my bedroom. I plopped onto my bed when I heard the front door of my house creek open.

"Hello!"

It was my mom. I didn't say anything back because I knew she knew I was home because of my car in the driveway. The Lay's potato chip's bag crumpled as I pulled it open. I slid my white iPhone 5s out of the back pocket of my dark wash skinny jeans, and slipped a potato chip into my mouth. I tapped the home button which caused my screen to light up. Three notifications were taking up part of my lock screen:

Bri🐻🔥💜: What are you wearing to the party?!🎉👅

Ryan💋💖:I'm gonna swing by ur house before the party so we can hang just me and u, ok? I love you babe❤️😘

Grant🍑😈: Hey, can I ask you something muy importante???😁

I decided to reply to Grant's message first because it seemed, well, "muy importante".

Andrea👴: yeah, what is it?

Grant🍑😈: Never mind...

Andrea👴: just tell me!

Grant🍑😈: Fine... I really like Jenn...

Andrea👴: well no duh!😂😂😂 but how can I help?😏

Grant🍑😈: Ha, is it that obvious?😂and I don't know I really want to tell her tonight at the party, so I was hoping you could get the guys away from us so we can have some alone time?

Andrea👴: Done and done! See you tonight boo boo!😉😂💙

As I clicked off of the message screen, I heard a knock coming from the front door of my house. I locked my phone and set it onto my bedside table. Shortly after, I shot up from my bed and out my bedroom door.

-

"Oh, she's right here!" My mom exclaimed. She was already standing with the door open, talking to Ryan.

"We're gonna go upstairs..." I stated as I gripped lightly onto Ryan's arm. My mom nodded briefly, and then went back to looking down at whatever was on her phone as she walked towards her bedroom. She was one of those I-don't-give-a-shit moms, but in a good way.

Once Ryan and I reached my bedroom, we situated ourselves on my bed. I leaned my head on his chest and looked up at his face, biting my lip.

"I know I already asked you this a lot, but are you sure you want to go to Claire's party?" He questioned.

"Yes, as much as I would rather just lay here with you for the rest of the night, I already promised Bri I would go..." I sighed. Regret started to creep into my mind along with all of the memories...

It was June 27th, and Claire was throwing another one of her legendary parties. Ryan and I had been dating for 7 months, so it was a given that we were going to the party together; along with the rest of our little gang, of course. About halfway through the party, Bri was already way too drunk. I have to admit, she was hilarious when she had a drink in her, but I could tell she was about to enter the throw-up-in-your-purse stage. I, being the designated driver that night, wasn't drinking, so I dragged Bri upstairs to find a bathroom. Once I found a restroom, I twisted the doorknob, but I came to the realization that it was locked.

"Hey! I have someone who's about to throw up all over the floor here!" I shouted as I banged against the door.

I pressed my ear up against the door, and soon realized that the bathroom was already occupied by another sick drunk. I knew that Claire didn't want anyone to go into her parent's bedroom, but I also knew that there was a bathroom in there. Hey, better Bri's puke in Claire's parent's toilet than all over their hallway floor. I guided Bri over to the master bedroom, and swung open the door.

"What. The. FUCK." That's when I saw it. Ryan and Claire were sprawled out on the bed with their tounges down each other's throat. (Really, Claire, in your parents' bed? How classy.) I felt tears fighting their way out of my eyes. Ryan shot up from underneath Claire, pushing her onto the other side of the bed. A look of guilt flashed across his face, but he also looked slightly confused; or maybe just drunk. On the other hand, Claire looked like she didn't have a care in the world. She looked me straight in the eyes as if to say, "yeah, I just made out with your boyfriend, so what?". The tears were now flooding out onto my cheeks as I tried to contemplate what my eyes had just been exposed to.

"Wait, Andrea, no baby, please! It was a mistake, I can explai-" Ryan pleaded.

"DON'T!!!! GET AWAY FROM ME!!!"I shouted as I bolt out of the room. I didn't want to look at Ryan, let alone speak to him. I ran and ran until I reached the now unoccupied guest bathroom. I shut the door and locked it behind me.

"Damn it!!! Babe, I love you..." Ryan shouted as he banged on the door. I could here the frustration in his voice.

As I tried my best to drown out his desperate screaming, I looked myself up and down in the mirror. My face was covered, I mean covered, with tears, and maybe a little snot. My make up was no longer pretty and perfect as many people saw it. My mascara was smeared onto my white crop top, but that was the least of my worries. I took one last look, and then slid onto the ground, leaning my head against the base of the bathroom counter. That's when I heard Bri blow chunks.

For the following few months, me and Ryan argued almost every day. It was mostly me doing the arguing, though. I knew that I should've broken up with him then and there, and yes, he deserved it. Except the more I thought about it, the more I realized that yes, he was drunk. I had received many, many texts from Ryan explaining how he barely even remembered anything from that night. I ended up forgiving Ryan, and, well, I still didn't forgive Claire. Nobody really knew what happened between Claire and Ryan besides Bri, so everything soon went back to normal. Once school started back up in August, Claire realized that Ryan and I had worked everything out, and that Ryan didn't really care about her. She ended up apologizing to me, and that was that. Everything was merely put behind closed closed doors.

"Are you ready to go? It's already 6:39." Ryan asked sweetly.

"Yeah," I smiled. "I just need to change and then we can get going. You should go get the car started and I'll be out there in a bit!"

"Aye, Aye captain!" We both laughed and then he was out the door.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{A/N}

DISCLAIMER// I had to rewrite this whole entire chapter because it got deleted by accident, so if there's anything that seems sloppy it's because I was trying my best to remember what I wrote in the first edition.

Why did Ryan cheat on Andrea? Are Andrea and Ryan making the right descision by going to the party? All your questions will be answered if you continue reading!

Don't forget to vote if you enjoyed this chapter or just the story in general. Feel free to comment anything you'd like. Also, don' t forget to follow me(:

feel free to contact me on social media//

twitter// @heatherkstewart

instagram// @heatherkstewart

xoxo,

ordinaryparadise