Chapter 21: Delivery!

Grant's P.O.V.

I shrugged as I heard my phone chirp from across the room. I looked at the digital clock on my desk with heavy eyelids. It was only eight thirty-seven. Whoever was texting me this early in the morning better have a darn good reason. I forced myself out of bed, and slumped over to where my iPhone 4s was laying. I bent over to pick it up off of the ground, and proceeded to check my notifications.

Jenn: Meet me at Moonwalk Coffee at 9:30 sharp (:

I was shocked to see that Jenn was asking to see me. Maybe she decided that she wanted something with me, but I didn't get my hopes up too much; It was better to expect the worse. I trotted over to my closet to find something to throw on.

-

As I pulled up to the tiny coffee shop, I felt my stomach do a little twist. I hated how nervous Jenn made me. I swung open my car door and hopped onto the ground.

"Hey!" I heard a familiar voice exclaim from behind me. I turned around to see Bri standing there with a smile planted on her face. I scrunched my forehead in confusion.

"Happy to see you too, Grant!" Bri laughed awkwardly and then walked towards the front door of the shop. I reluctantly followed behind her, but stopped myself to look in the window. That's when I saw Laney, Jenn, Hayden, Ryan, and Kelsi all sitting at a booth together. I was starting to connect the dots. Jenn didn't just send that message to me, she sent it to everybody.

Ryan's P.O.V.

"Hey guys." Bri stated as she squished into the booth. I gave her a small smile, but immediately looked away. I knew Bri, along with everyone else, was probably wondering what exactly happened in the school courtyard, and I was super nervous to talk about it. If I told them about my "visions", they might just force me in a cardboard box and ship me off to the loony bin themselves.

"Hey." Grant sighed as he forced himself onto the last bit of room left on the booth.

"Look, I know no one wants to talk about Andrea, but that doesn't mean we all have to stop being friends..." Jenn chirped as she took a sip of her coffee.

It was weird to think that these people were my friends. I had hung out with them so much before Andrea went missing, but now it was like they were strangers to me. Andrea really was the glue that held this group together. Hell, she was the glue that held me together.

"You know what, why is everything always about Andrea?! She was a bitch to me. She was a bitch to all of us!" Laney snared.

Everyone's face filled with astonishment.

"Shut the fuck up, you dumb slut!" Bri shouted from across the table. You could see tears forming in her eyes.

Laney laughed in Bri's face and continued to trash talk Andrea, " She thinks she's SO much better. She deserves to die. Better for her to rot in hell than for her to make life hell for all of us." Suddenly I saw Bri's hand fly across the table and against Laney's face. She winced in pain, but soon recovered. She shot up from her seat and pushed her way out of the booth.

I tried to get up from my seat, but Grant held me back.

"Bri, why are you defending her anyways? Cause she's your 'best friend'? Ha! She made out with your boyfriend!"

" You are such a liar!!" Bri screamed as she stormed towards Laney. There were tears flying out of Bri's eyes. This was too much for me. This was too much for her. This was too much for everyone there. Thankfully, Grant got up and calmed Bri down.

"Take a deep breath." He stated to Bri who was shaking with anxiety. The door shook as Laney exited the building.

After a couple of minutes, Bri slumped back into her seat. Jenn had a horrified look on her face.