The Week Before Moving To Dallas Page 41

Finally, school was over, Jessie left the classroom and walked out of the school, Jessie was pushed to the ground from someone behind him, he turned over on his back to see Chris and Jenna standing over him "It's time to fight punk" said Chris with a grin on his face, other students in the school saw what happened and they all formed a circle around Jessie, Chris and Jenna "Fight! Fight! Fight!" the crowd of children shouted in unison "Go get him, babe," said Jenna, after saying this she stood in the crowd as she watched Chris and Jessie "Get up punk let's fight!" shouted Chris, Jessie got up from the floor and just stood still with an emotionless expression on his face "So you're not going to do anything," said Chris "Well then it looks like this fight is going to be easy just like the other times I kicked your butt".

Chris ran up to Jessie and punched him in the face, Jessie fell to the ground bleeding from his lip, Jessie touched his lip then looked at the blood in his hand " For the first time I am actually bleeding from a punch from this guy" Jessie thought "Every day I take and take from this idiot, every day I go home and take an aspirin because of the headaches he gives me day after day", " To the point where I am out of aspirins, then I have to suffer from this pain in my head" "Get up punk I'm not done yet!" said Chris "I'm done! No more headaches I'm not having this anymore!" Jessie thought as all of his repressed anger started to show on his face, he got up from the floor and glared at Chris waiting for him to attack "Finally, now let's get this over with!" said Chris as he raised his hand to punch Jessie.

Jessie grabbed Chris's fist preventing him from landing a punch, Jessie punched Chris in his stomach and he fell to the ground, Jessie stood still as he glared at Chris with a smirk "You shouldn't have fallen to the ground" said Jessie "Huh?" said Chris with a confused expression on his face "Now it's your day to take an aspirin!" said Jessie as he kicked Chris in his face which caused him to bleed from his nose and mouth, Jenna ran out from the crowd and stood in front of Chris and shouted "Leave him alone!" in a sad tone "What?! When he was kicking my butt day after day she did nothing but get a kick out of it" Jessie thought "Now she's sad when I retaliate" "Just go get out of here!" shouted Jenna as she pushed Jessie.

The crowd was shocked at Jessie's retaliation, Jessie turned around and took up his bag from the floor then walked out of the crowd "Jessie actually kicked Chris's butt" said someone in the crowd, Jessie walked away from the crowd and pulled his hoodie over his head as he made his way down the pavement "I can't stand bullies, I feel sorry for them though because they only bring pain onto others because of their own pain" Jessie thought "But if I see someone else going through the same thing I went through, I'm not just going to stand there and watch".