Wednesday - Day 3 Page 18

"I'm glad I moved here," said Jessie "Why did you move here though?" asked Rachel "My mom got a job here that's why" Jessie replied, "What about your dad?" asked Rachel, the smile Jessie had on his face disappeared "He uhh...he died when I was four years old...from cancer" said Jessie "I'm sorry" Rachel replied, "Don't be...everything's okay...I just have to keep moving forward" said Jessie "My mother and I left New York and came here to Dallas so It's time for a new start".

Jessie came back to the school with Rachel to find Ellen waiting for him in the car by the bench they were sitting on yesterday, Jessie knocked the car window to get Ellen's attention, she turned and smiled when she saw Jessie, he opened the door and said: " Hi mom!", "Hi, Mrs. Beckham," said Rachel as she waved at Ellen "Hey guys how was school?" asked Ellen "It went well" Jessie and Rachel replied with pleasant smiles on their faces "That's good, get in both of you let's go," said Ellen laughing softly.

Ellen parked next to Rachel's house "See you tomorrow" said Jessie "Yeah, see you tomorrow" said Rachel in a soft tone with her head down "What's wrong?" asked Jessie "Are you okay?" asked Ellen, Rachel raised her head and gave a smile "Yeah, I'm fine" she replied "See you tomorrow Jessie", " Yeah see you tomorrow" Jessie replied "Thank you for the ride, Mrs. Beckham" said Rachel "No problem, anytime!" said Ellen, Rachel got out of the car and waved at Jessie and Ellen as she walked towards the porch, they waved back at her smiling, Rachel turned to face the porch and then she walked up the steps and entered the house.

After Jessie and his mother arrived home, he went to his room and laid on his bed staring at the ceiling, lost in thought "Something's up with Rachel" "Today she hid her hand and started tugging her sleeve, why did she do that?", " Is she cutting and doesn't want me to know" "Why was she sad when she had to get out of the car to go home? she looked like she didn't want to leave the car" "Is something going on in her home?".