Friday - Day 5 Page 28

After taking a shower, Rachel changed into clean clothes and walked into the kitchen where Ellen was preparing dinner "I see the clothes fit you well" said Ellen "Yeah they do, thank you Mrs. Beckham" said Rachel "No problem" said Ellen "Where's Jessie?" asked Rachel, "Oh he's in his room" Ellen replied "He would always spend some time alone after a long day, just him his music and his imagination", "I can relate to that" said Rachel in a soft tone "Oh yeah, Mrs. Beckham? can I call my mom? I just want to make sure she's okay", "Sure the telephone is right over there," said Ellen gesturing to the telephone on the counter.

Rachel dialed her mother's number, "Hello!" said Rachel's mother "Mom it's me, Rachel" said Rachel "Oh thank goodness" said Rachel's mother "Honey are you okay?", " I'm fine I'm at Jessie's house" Rachel answered, "Is everything alright with you?" "Who is that?! who are you talking too?!" asked Rachel's father in the background in a belligerent tone "No one!" shouted Rachel's mother "I gotta go before he sees me on the phone okay?" whispered Rachel's mother "Okay mom just...try not to make him more upset than he already is" said Rachel, "You know that's not easy" said Rachel's mother "That's true" said Rachel "Yep, anyways I gotta go, love you honey" whispered Rachel's mother "I love you too mom" said Rachel in a soft tone, she hung up the phone and put it back on the counter.

It was time for dinner and Rachel was done setting up the kitchen with Ellen "Hey can you tell Jessie that it's time for dinner, his room is right over there" said Ellen "No problem" said Rachel.