CHAPTER 4---> SUICIDAL?

IRINA’S POV

No it couldn’t be, I couldn’t be pregnant or have an STD.

OH MY GOD!

I wanted to just die at this moment. This couldn’t be happening to me, I felt disgusted and dirty.

“irina….irna!” tyler called.

I didn’t reply, all I did was cry harder.

My life suddenly felt like it had no meaning, I had always wanted to stay a virgin till my wedding night…..but now i not only was that promise broken, I could possibly vbe pregnant.

If I didn’t kill myself my mom would.

Tyler took me in a hug and tried to calm me but I didn’t need that. I wanted to wake up from this nightmare.

“it hasn’t been confirmed yet Ri, don’t jump to conclusions….please.”tyler spoke

“ lets go to my apartment and get you cleaned up” he added as we left the store.

The drive home was quiet, I had different thoughts in mind. No one cared or understood and no one ever will.

As we arrived at his apartment, tyler made my bath then left me.

I lost count of hours I spent in there trying to wash off the shame and pain. I guessed Tyler understood as he didn’t bother to disturb.

That’s when I saw my escape, the razors

They were just what I needed  at this moment.

I didn’t think twice, I just grabbed the razor and slit my wrists , closing my eyes deeply, but the physical pain couldn’t compare to what I felt inside.

“ soon the pain will be gone…..both of them.” I muttered to myself.

TYLER’S POV

 Irina had spent more 2 hours in the bathroom.

I was getting worried so I decided to check up on her.

As I approached the bathroom there was no sound at all not even the tap was running.

I gently knocked on the locked door.

No response.

I knocked again

Still no response.

“ Irina are you okay?”

No reply.

“Irina….”

I had to open the door, there was something strange going on. Hitting the door with my body for the umpteenth time, it finally opened.

No, this couldn’t be happening.

Irina was in a pool of blood. How?

The razors, they were still there, she had tried killing herself…

Rushing over to the tub and carrying her out, I rushed over to dial for the ambulance.

They arrived in 5 minutes and Irina was rushed to the hospital.

As she was rushed to the emergency unit, I pondered on who to call.

Her parents weren’t an option, so I dialed my mom’s number.

I told her that Irina was in the hospital and that she should rush over, mentioning and emphasizing  not to tell Irina’s parents.

“Please don’t let her die. please” I begged looking up.

“Tyler, what happened to Irina” she asked worriedly.

“mom its nothing, she just fainted alright….calm yourself” I lied.

The doctor finally came out.

“Doctor how is she?” we asked in unison.

“The patient lost a lot of blood and is still unconscious,  we’ve managed to stabilize her but her chances of making it are very slim.”

“Doctor please do anything to save her whatever you have to please, she can’t die” my mum said

“ Sure ma’am we’ll do our best”

“ Can we see her…..?”

No you can’t, like I said she is still unconscious and under intensive care. Good day. ”He said and walked away.

“Ty, what happened to her”

“I don’t know mo , I don’t know” I yelled.

“ We have to call her parents”

“NO!” “ I mean you can call her dad ad tell him she is staying over with us, please it’s for her sake. I am sure her mom won’t care.” I corrected knowing the abuse she faced from her mom.

“Her parents deserve to know, son”

“ I beg you please don’t do this, you wouldn’t understand but please don’t….please.” I begged her.

“Okay Tyler but whatever you are hiding from me I would find out…I always do”

I sighed in relief as she called Mr Del Castillo.

It had been on week and Irina was still unconscious. The doctors said she was stable, that she will come out of it soon but when??

   I sat beside her bed which had become my habitat the whole week.

“Irina, please wake up, you might not hear me but a lot of people here care about you and also need you, please do for your mom, dad, best friends, godparents and me too”

Her face was still pale and still.

Looking away, I heard a choked voice say.

“T-tyler?”

I looked up and saw Irina’s eyes, her beautiful eyes opening. I was elated.

“Irina…” I asked surprised.” You’re awake? Are you okay? You scared the fuck out of me….”I spoke trailing off.

“I wanted to die” she said her voice clearer and color returning to her face.

“But you didn’t you were being selfish, stubborn and foolish.”

“No one would have cared, no one really loves me” she said as tears gathered.

“Your dad does, my parents do, even I do, I might not show it but I care about you ….a lot.”

“ Why lie, I should have just died” she spoke turning her face away. “ there won’t be any difference in the world” she added.\

“ Yes there would, the world would have lost the most beautiful, nicest, funniest and kindest person on earth.”

“Are you serious?” she said smiling for the first time.

“ I am very serious” I replied, kissing her forehead.

“ There’s something else” I paused before finally speaking as she looked impatient.

“ You wouldn’t have been the only one to die” I spoke

“But also your baby”