CHAPTER 10---> LOSSES.

Jase’s POV

As I drove down the street, I saw a lady writhing in pain almost falling to the hard ground.

I drove closer and got out of the car to see the problem.

She was bleeding I noticed and was crying. She mouthed the words help and finally fainted.

Rushing out of the car, I carried her and drove  away.

 I recognized her immediately from the beach.

What was her name again?

Ariana? No.

Marissa? no.

“Irina” I remembered.

“irina del Castillo “ I said with a wry smile.

As we arrived at the emergency unit, I wasn’t allowed to stay with her.

“ what’s the victim’s name?” a nurse asked quickly.

I hesitated before saying “ Irina, Irina del Castillo”

“ are you a relative?”

“no I’m not” I replied as she walked away.

I contemplated whether to stay or not,I wanted to leave but I couldn’t leave her,not now.There was  no one to call or tell .So I had to wait

After 20 minutes, the doctor came and I let out a sigh of relief.

“ doctor, how’s she?” I asked with concern.

“ bad…. I need someone who could break the news to her.” He spoke.

“News….. what news? “I inquired.

“the patient lost her pregnancy of two months.” He replied sadly.

She lost a child?!

OHMYGOD she was going to be devastated.

I didn’t know her so I couldn’t break it to her….i didn’t even want to.

I thought  to myself.

“ sir, did you hear me?”

“ uh-uhmm oh yes, I really don’t know her and can’t do it. I’m very sorry.” I ended, walking away.

 As I left the hospital different thoughts raced my mind. She was from a prestigious home, one of the staffs had to know her, but still I wasn’t balanced. I could stuill do something.

It’s the least I could do.

I  drove back to the street I found her and asked for the Del Castillo mansion.

Following  directions given, upon getting to the house with nothing tio do in mind I saw a woman in a maid’s uniform pass by.

“hello, I’m lookingfor mrs del Castillo”

“she just left….who are you?”

“no one in specific, how can I reach her?”

“I really don’t know but I can take a message.” She suggested in a spanish accent.

“uhmm, okay. Do you know Irina?” I questioned

“of course I do.” I cut her off.

“ well she’s in the hospital, I don’t know who to call. Could you probably to call to go stay with her its serious”

I guess she swore in Spanish as I didn’t understand what she said.

She went in for some time, came out and gave me a piece of paper that had a number written on it.

“ that is master tyler’s number, he’s her fiancée.” She said

“ thank you” I replied turning to leave as I heard her say.

“it’s the least I can do for someone who goes through something as terrible as rape.” She confessed.

She immediately covered her mouth realizing she had said too much.

I left and dialed the number immediately.

Answering on the second ring I told the man everything that had happened and the hospital she was in and I hung up.

I felt a satisfactory smile curve on my lips as I drove back to my apartment.

TYLER’S POV

Irina? In the hospital?

I grabbed my keys and left for the hospital.

Arriving there 10 minutes later, I inquired about her and was advised to go see the doctor first.

It was that serious.

Entering into the office . i greeted the doctor. We knew each other as he was the family doctor.

He started telling me about Irina’s case and got devastating news.

Exiting I walked over to her room

Hesitantly I opened the door to find her awake.

I was scared of how she would respond to seeing me after what happened.

Surprisingly she gave me the warmest smile and without talking invited to come sit beside her. I was happy she was in a good mood, before…

“ how are you?” I finally spoke up.

“ good I guess, but my tummy hurts…. A lot.”

“how did you get here?” I decided to ask.

As she explained everything to me I pondered on if I should still spill the bad news.

But she had to know. She needed to.

Her conclusion brought tears to my eyes .

“I’m just glad my baby’s alright. He’s my only reason for living.” She spoke with stress in her voice obviously still tired. Thoughts of her suicidal attempt came flooding back. What if I told her and she attempted again.

“irina” I called then paused.

She looked at me with the most beautiful eyes and gave a smile that warmed my heart..

“yes Tyler” she answered.

“ I don’t know how to say this but its about the baby.” I started.

“ what’s wrong with my baby” she said with a stern voice.

“ irina…”

“ tell me now Tyler” she yelled.

“ you lost the baby” I blurted and watched her face go much more pale and whiter than it was the blood draining from it.

She didn’t cry. Her face was blank.

“my baby is gone?” she said more as a realization.

“yes, I’m sorry….but there’s more.”

“ nothing can be worse.”

I was afraid of her reaction but I had to tell her.

 So I blurted it out.

“You might never be able to give birth again...”