CHAPTER 12--->NEW BEGINNINGS

IRINA’s POV.

It’s been three weeks since I started my employee training at my father’s company. Since I had gone through two years in college studying Business Administration, I understood everything I was being tutored on. I met different clients and shareholders and got to know all the nooks and crannies of running a chain of hotels.

It was very interesting and it kept my mind off a lot of things (if you know what I mean).

It was afternoon and my work that day was done. I had the afternoon and decided to go to the mall.

I drove home to change into something more comfortable. I planned to get some new corporate outfits and just shop generally.

I had been doing this more often realizing how lonely I was, I really needed friends. Zoey and Ash abandoned me after the incident. They ignored my calls and neither did they reply my messages.

I heard “shake it off” by Taylor Swift, sang along to it and every other song that was played.

Finally, I arrived at the mall, got down and walked over to my favorite store ‘Macy’s’.

As I walked in, a mid-thigh blue peplum dress caught my attention. As I rushed to get it, I saw a pair of hands grab it right before my eyes.

“No!” I softly said gaining the attention of the potential buyer.

“Sorry?!” she asked unsure.

“I just really liked that gown” Turning to walk away.

“You can have it you know; I don’t really like it anyways. By the way it will look better on you.” I heard this beautiful blonde say.

“Thank you so much….uhmm….i actually know a dress back there that’ll fit you perfectly.” I replied not waiting for her response, just dragging her over to the rack

“Wow.” She looked at the purple gown I had in hand

“Let’s go try them on.”

Done changing, we both came out at the same time.

“You look absolutely gorgeous.”

“I say the same.”

We stood in front of the mirrors taking double selfies and just talked generally about clothes.

“I’m Isabella, by the way”

“Irina” I introduced.

We exchanged contacts, paid for our dresses and shopped together the rest of the day.

Once done we went our separate ways each carrying more than 10 bags from the shopping spree.

Extremely exhausted, I skipped dinner.

I decided to watch ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ in the theatre room.

Midway through the movie I received a message.

It was Isabella.

After series of text messages we finally agreed to meet at Popeye’s tomorrow.

I was really excited about Isabella, she seemed different. Finally I had a new friend.

I woke up in the theatre room.

I must have drifted to sleep while watching the movie. I checked the time 8:47.

I was so late. I rushed to my room took a quick shower, wore one of the gowns I bought yesterday then threw my hair up in a messy bun, then left…without breakfast.

I got to the office and immediately knew I was going to be scolded by my tutor Mr Dave.

I mentally prepared myself for it and the work ahead today.

I rushed out of the office at exactly 12:45 and drove over to Popeye’s

As I walked in I saw her seated at my favorite spot.

“ heyy” I greeted.

“Irina!” She gave a wide smile.

“Sorry, I’m a bit late, hope you haven’t been waiting for long…I had overtime.”

“It’s okay, I didn’t wait for long.”

“ I see you even know my favorite spot.” I said with a chuckle.

“Are you serious? This is also my favorite spot.”

“One thing we have in common.”

As we began talking I noticed that wasn’t the only thing we had in common.

We both loved the beach, the color blue and we both loved Usher. I also felt I could tell her anything.

“So do you have a boyfriend?”I asked.

“Nope” she blandly answered.

“oooh, how can a beautiful girl like you not have a boyfriend?”

“ Heyy, I’m not the only one you know.”

“Yeah, you’re right, but can I tell you something?”

“Sure you can”

“’I’m engaged!” I revealed.

In the end I told her everything about me, the arranged marriage, rape, my mom, the miscarriage and sterility ….everything.

In turn she told me all about herself.

She had lost her parents when she was 12 and had since then been taken care of by her older brother.

She was also a honor student just like me, attending college at age 16.

We planned to have a sleepover at my house on Friday.

I was really excited about her, she had this rapport that I loved so much.

Biding ourselves goodbye, I checked the next day’s schedule.

I had to stand in place of Tyler who was on an emergency business trip at a meeting tomorrow with one of our biggest clients.

It was going to be my first presentation and I wanted to make a good first impression.

I immediately rushed home to prepare.

I needed a restart.

A new beginning.