14

I didn't believe that I would ever meet her. Their enemy from almost a century ago was right before my eyes.

I braced myself for the damage she would do. For the witch that Baekhyun and his eleven friends had tried to defeat years ago, Leanne, was before my eyes. Her evil, glowering eyes settled upon the group of us, before turning to me, and the corner of her lips began curling into a wicked smile.

'A century, time has gone fast. A century I have waited for you to come back. A century I have been seeking for you. After all these years, we finally meet. But surely, I have noticed you now have a new allie in your team of heroic little friends, haven't you, little Baekhyun, who thought you could defeat me?'

Her smile was wretched.

'Stay away from us, especially my girlfriend,' growled Baekhyun dangerously.

'Oh, she's your girlfriend, perfect,' she said.

I knocked Baekhyun on the head, murmuring, 'Good job informing our greatest enemy I'm your girlfriend. Now she's gonna be targeting me.'

He rubbed his head and I heard him mutter, apologising, 'Sorry.'

We were all preparing to battle with her.

'What do you want from us?' shouted Yixing.

'I want her. Give her to me, and I'll let all of you leave, unscathed. Give her to me, and I shall not injure any of you. Give her to me, and I shall reward you handsomely,' said Leanne, now levitating in mid-air, pointing to me.

'I have said it before but I will say it again. We will not leave unless victorious,' said Baekhyun.

'Ah, but to the consequence of Death?' She waved her hand and a tree was uprooted and landed behind us and made me everyone but me flinch.

Kyungsoo gritted his teeth,'Why do you want her?'

'Have you no idea? She has the power of Life. Said simply, she is the Tree of Life, which means she controls the world,' said Leanne, as I used my powers to put the uprooted tree back in place.

'Since she only wants me, all of you should leave,' I said.

'No, I'm not leaving unless you are leaving,' said Baekhyun firmly.

'Baekhyun, just go,' I replied sternly.

'Hyung, she ordered us to leave, we must do so,' said Sehun.

I winked and whispered under my breath, 'I will come shortly after you.'

'Jongin, take them and leave, please,' I said loudly, eyes on the witch staring down at me with a smirk.

As soon as they left, Leanne slowly lowered herself to the ground.

'So, ready to be defeated?' said Leanne softly but menacingly.

I played along and said, 'Yeah, sure, give it your best.'

'I have to wish you good luck,' she said, lowering herself into position.

'Don't need it,' I said.

She launched herself at me, using fire, aiming at me. I dodged in time to avoid it and placed a punch on the back of her head as hard as I could, while my other hand produced fire, burning her back. A gush of water rendered the fire dead as she proceeded to punch my stomach, causing me to spit a bit of blood out. But two can play at this game, as I used my own powers to flip her upside down, causing her to hit a rock decently hard.

I'm rough, but not merciless, so I went to check on her, but she was already gone.

I teleported in front of the group hiding behind some bushes.