20 [Final]

I sighed and looked about the quiet house.

'What's wrong?' asked Baekhyun as he hugged me from behind.

'Well, it seems our days of adventures are over. It has come to an end. I just miss those exciting days when you could just investigate everything. We were so carefree,' I explained.

I was wide awake at six in the morning and so was Baekhyun.

'Hey, cheer up. You seriously missed those days when we had loads of people to kill and we almost got ourselves killed too?'

'It was all so thrilling and exhilarating, you know? To have that feeling that every morning when you wake up, an adventure awaits.'

'I know, I missed them too, but who says that in the future an adventure won't await us? I mean, life is just so mysterious and fate is just artistic. I mean like, you can just sit for a minute then suddenly there's an explosion. Then boom! There's another mystery at your disposal. '

'You're thinking of Sherlock Holmes. Plus, I'm not detective genius like him. We don't live in London, where there's so much crimes to investigate.'

'What're you guys talking 'bout?' queried Minseok as he looked at us with cocked eyebrows.

'We're talking about mysteries. I seriously miss those days when we were still oblivious to that damned corridor of our school,' I replied.

Minseok chuckled.

'Same. It feels absolutely incredible yet terrible to have such a blood-curdling mystery at your fingertips.'

'I always did wonder why Sehun ended in the middle of the maze. Or what was at the end of it,' suggested Baekhyun.

'True. Maybe another mystery awaits us.'

'I'm never going back inside there.'

'Bummer.'

'I'm gonna cook breakfast,' announced Minseok.

'Pancakes for me!' I shouted.

'You wish!' he replied.

Two years later

I looked out the window of my apartment with a cup of tea in my hand.

I blowed it softly and started drinking again.

'You're still drinking tea?' said Baekhyun.

'My tea will not be ignored in the morning,' I murmured.

'So typical you,' replied Baekhyun as he sat down on the couch.

'You could have breakfast. I prepared kippers.'

'Thanks.' Baekhyun jumped off the couch and sat down at the marble counter of my kitchen. He started fidgeting with the knife and fork.

I heard the doorbell ring. It kept going off.

'Such a dejá vu,' I muttered, remembering my immature days when Hyunjae was still my friend and was ringing the doorbell, desperate to get in.

'Ah, hello,' I said as Minseok walked in wearing a coat.

'We're going to London,' he said.

'London? Why for?' chirped Baekhyun.

'My mother has gone missing. The last place people saw her was near a bar in London where she was on vacation,' explained Minseok.

'And why shall we help you?' I tried.

'When have you ever turned down an opportunity for an adventure?' Minseok raised his eyebrows.

OK, so now I'm a detective, with both Minseok and Baekhyun as my partners. I started a year ago, and ever since then, our life was full of tons of adventures, just the way I liked it.

'When is the flight?' I asked.

'It's booked for six sharp this evening,' responded Minseok.

Then he looked at me again.

'So...?'

'Pack your bags, we're on our way to London,' I said.

A/N: sorry for this crappy ending, but the good news is I'm making a book two.

Surprise?

Thank you to everyone who had supported this story from the beginning to the end. You guys don't know how much I appreciate the love and support you gave this book. I hope you guys loved this book as much as I did writing it.

I love y'all from the bottom of me heart♥️❤️❤️♥️❤️♥️❤️💞💕💞💕💖♥️♥️❤️❤️💕💖💞💕💖♥️❤️💖💕💞💞💜💙🌹♥️❤️🥓🥓🦖