Chapter 23- Revolution

The Myriori Osprey flies through the Skor landscape, and lands back in Kru. Inside the Osprey, Rey grabs a few flash bombs. She tells Litha that she'll be back. Yamados and Rey walk through a hidden passageway in the wilderness.

"What is it you want to show me?" Rey asks.

Yamados replies, "Did you catch the Tau leader saying that the Tau will never break a treaty again? Our scouts have discovered several of them on Kru grounds. They're surverying the land, devising ways to break another agreement and take Kru over. See for yourself."

They reach a small opening behind the mangled, thorny Kru vegetation, and Rey's eyes widen when she realizes Yamados is right- she sees several important Tau leaders surveying the land, discussing their plans to drive the Skor out of it. They're accompanied by a platoon of sturdy guards. They are hovering around a strange, opaque orb that lies on a stand.

"So, this is the only surviving ancient relic that can infiltrate the controls of both Skor and Tau systems, and either bolster or shut them down?" a Tau leader inquires.

"Yes," another one replies, "We found it lying dormant, in total secrecy. The Skor are not aware that it is here. Against it, they do not stand a chance. Even if they protest our methods, they cannot do anything about it. The catch is, the orb will only open itself to those with incredible amount of inner Force potential. It only needs a small sample from someone to tell. Fortunately, we have devised technology that can artificially mimic just that..."

Rey clenches her fist with indignation. She whispers to Yamados, "How could Luke ever side with these scoundrels?"

Yamados sighs. "He was deceived. He was a victim of his own idealism and naive optimism. Though I do not completely agree with the Skor rogues, they were fighting for a good cause. For Luke to abandon his own movement... it destroyed the only hope that many of us had left."

Rey can't stand it any longer. And then, in a moment's instant, she hatches a plan. She starts to stand up. "Hey," Yamados frantically whispers to her, "Get down, they'll see you! We have to do this another way!"

But Rey is not listening, and rushes out of the thorns, throwing a flash bomb into the scene, and ignites her lightsaber. She startles the leaders, cuts through a guard's shield and reaches the orb, placing her hand over it. The guards surround her with their plasma lances. Rey stands firm with a fierce fighting position.

"What are you doing?" a Tau leader angrily shouts at her.

"I'm using your own weapon against you."

The Tau leaders laugh. "That was your plan? Do you realize the orb only grants access to those it deems worthy? Only the Jedi with the greatest inner potential, whether it was realized or not, have been able to activate it! Guards!" The guards shift into a different formation, ready to attack.

Rey panics. She senses the sharp points of the plasma lances leering at her. At any moment now, they would charge in. She doesn't stand a chance. There's only one way she can get out of this- she has to enact her plan. This time, she has a way to trick them.

Rey shuts her eyes and lets down her surrogate. But the Watchers don't appear. Her nerves racing, she tries to channel her energy through the orb. She feels a slight tingle- she feels the invisible threads that run through the orb and into every device on the planet. They are all powered by the same frequency of the Force. As she tries to push everything through, she grunts, but then unleashes gasps for air. Nothing has happened.

But then, there's a flash. In an instant, she's transported before the four Watchers yet again. She is now in a realm where a thousand years lasts one second in the physical world.