Chapter 27- The Departure

Hux walks through the First Order base, and into an industrial room, where the Aquilian is nearly complete. Since Kylo is still unconscious, he has temporarily assumed command. His subordinates report to him, "Sir, our spies saw an X-wing leave Inimoni and head towards Tatoonie."

"Then we will set another trap there."

Serei walks by, and laughs. "Pff, she'll never fall for another trap like that again."

"You insolent pest! I'll have you-"

"Geez, I didn't think anyone could be less intimidating than Whinelo." She pops some sort of snack in her mouth and struts away. Fuming, Hux murmurs, "I'll show her what real power is." He faces an engineer, "Is this weapon operational?"

"It can't do even one-hundreth of what it should do at full power. If we had both crystals, it would not only be highly maneuverable, but it can take out several planets in an instant. But it works. There are shards of the crystal lodged within its circuits." He brings up a diagram of the inner workings.

Hux inspects it and asks, "Why are all these shards clustered together?"

"When they're in the circuits, they combine with the other materials and somehow are all attracted to each other."

Hux thinks for a moment. "So... what you're saying is it'd attract all jade kyber crystals towards it? Even the ones now in that girl's lightsaber?"

"Theoretically, yes."

"Then set course for Tatoonie. I have a plan."

"Sir, we have been testing for compatible pilots. Shall I-"

"No. I will pilot it."

"Y-you? Sir-"

"Did I stutter? I want your team to show me how to harness the true power of the Aquilian!"

IT'S been several days since Merilia was given the records to crack. Finn waits around twiddling his thumbs. And then, there is a crackling on his transmitter.

"I've almost got it," Merilia says, "I also found it hasn't been tampered with. But there's one part that I can't crack using my Unravel. I'll send what I have over; I've put the remaining portion in a new format that's droids friendly, so maybe that old droid you guys have can do it."

"HQ-7? I'm not so sure about that..."

"We don't have a choice. I'm sending the files now." But suddenly, a loud voice yells, "Hey! What are you doing?"

"They shouldn't be back so soon!" Merilia whispers. Her results are nearly sent over. But then it's cut off. The guard yells, "What's all this? A transmitter? Have you been continuing to spy on us? Give me that!"

Just before they confiscate the transmitter, Merilia stops the transfer to prevent them from tracing back to Finn. "Merilia!" Finn shouts. But the transmission ends.

REY walks through a town, asking for information about the ceremonial farms. But no one has a lead. She tries to find anyone who knows Litha, but no one knows who she is, either. A day has already passed, and it is morning. Just then, Rey hears a voice: "Merilia's been discovered. They took the records! I need your help to find a way to get to them."

"Finn, it's too risky!"

"Just listen to me. Remember those soul worlds you told me about? They're how each living being sees the Force. I have a strong feeling that Merilia's 'Unravel' uses the Force to extract the records' data. So whatever she got could be in her soul world, and I can seal it within a soul artifact!"

"That's so insane! I don't even have time to teach you all that now!"

"What are you even up to? We have to do this for the Resistance!"