Chapter Six

Three Days Later
Midoriya's POV:
Recovery Girl had told me to get more rest the farther into this I was. So I was trying to get some more sleep, but I couldn't stop thinking about what happened at Mom's house. First Mom said she wants me to leave UA and even implied that I should stop seeing my friends, and Shoto, both my boyfriend and the father of my child... then I found out that my dad is All Might of all people! And I thought my life before all this was a soap opera!

But at least it wasn't completely bad, at least I knew who my dad was now. He explained what happened and I could understand why he left. And he was able to talk to mom about UA, I could still go. But the specific words were still buzzing around in my head.

"She said you can still go to UA, but if she hears one more serious thing that's happened to you, you'll need to transfer... I don't know what that means for telling your mother about your pregnancy... but—can't believe I'm suggesting this—it might be a good idea to wait until she's fully cooled down... she was also talking about your friends and your boyfriend... So I'm not sure what to do..."

I took a deep breath. No more serious changes or incidents...? But, Shoto and I... our baby...? They were both probably going to count.

I felt so bad for Shoto, I couldn't bring him over anymore because I didn't want anything bad to happen involving him and my mom.

I could sort of understand why she wouldn't give him a chance... but in any other situation she'd trust me with the people I associate with, or certain decisions I make... I was surprised she hadn't made any guesses about abuse... what made this so different...?

Okay then, if she was planning on making drastic decisions, then so was I.
Later
Shoto walked in and laid in bed next to me after his training and I gave him a hug. But I had a sinking feeling, knowing that I'd have to break the news to him of why he couldn't come over to my home anymore. At least not while mom was there.

Midoriya: Shoto, I don't think it's a good idea for you to come over to my place anymore...

Shoto tilted his head.

Todoroki: Why? Is it because your mom doesn't like me?

I looked back up at him, feeling kinda stupid for not assuming he'd catch onto the passive aggressive comments my mom would occasionally toss out. Like:
"It's fine if you don't know that, I'm not entirely surprised."
Or:
"I'm impressed that you haven't been in a fight once in the first hour of school, considering how those injuries look?"
(That one seemed to sting Shoto quite a bit, I just sat there shocked).

Those were only two out of many, some were much worse.

Midoriya: Y—Yeah... I'm sorry, I know this means you'll have to deal with your family more but—

Shoto hugged me, causing me to cut myself off.

Todoroki: That's fine, I was planning on meeting up with you at our dorm more often anyway, so this'll just help Endeavor become less suspicious, since those visits will be at school. It's fine.

Midoriya: I feel so bad for you though... you didn't do anything to deserve being treated like that...

Todoroki: Just because I never did anything doesn't automatically stop me from going through bad times, or being treated badly. It's okay, by that same logic, or just in general you shouldn't have to apologize. You're actively trying to help, that's plenty of comfort for me...

Midoriya: I'm just worried about them breaking us up... since they still hold that kind of authority over our relationships.

Then Shoto's eyes widened and he looked away, like he just got an idea for something.