Chapter Eighteen

Three Weeks Later
Todoroki's POV:
Everyone was still a little shaken up by the villain attack, especially since a few students were missing.

Izuku looked a little more tired than usual, plus it seemed like the baby was kicking hard again, unfortunately I couldn't calm her down this time and it looked like it was starting to hurt Izuku.

Since we were in a safer area, and because of what happened at the main campus, we needed to resume training as normal. Although the other students, myself included, trained harder so we could be more prepared for a second attack.

Weirdly enough I still had short conversations with Ryuk, despite never even seeing him. Plus, he's been asking about my family a lot. So I usually try to ignore them. Then I got a message from him, but I waited until after training to look at it.

-Ryuk-
Sorry if I freaked you out, but seriously you DO know me. I just didn't want our dad seeing my contact and trying to find me.

I tilted my head.

-Me-
What do you mean, why'd you call him 'our' dad??

-Ryuk-
Shoto
Ice Burn
❄️🔥

I immediately choked on the air. There's no way he could have known that unless...

-Me-
What was that for?

-Ryuk-
Shoto, it's Toya.
I'm not kidding

-Me-
My brother died, he killed himself with an overdose in the hospital and was in a body bag the last time I saw him.

-Toya-
Sure
What type of pills were they?
Cause the ones I took were supposed to slow my heart and make it unreadable to the monitor, and knock me out for forty eight hours,
Here's a link, they're a thing.

-Me-
Well, if you faked it, why didn't you tell me you were alive sooner?
Why didn't you tell our mom and siblings that you were alive sooner??
They all hate me because they think I killed you!

-Toya-
I'm sorry
I thought they knew it was dad
And you know what would have happened if he knew I was still alive.
Besides, with the way my life looks now, I doubt it'll be that much better to you all than thinking I'm dead.

-Me-
What do you mean by that??
You're the favorite child to them! I looked up to you and loved you, so do they.
Hold on
You care about me, right...?

-Toya-
Of course I do, why wouldn't I??

-Me-
Well, Natsuo told me that he, Fuyumi, and mom don't love me, or care about me at all.
And the first time you contacted me, mom told me that she burned my face on purpose.
And she threw a vase at me to prove her point...
Natsuo said that you thought I was a burden as well...

-Toya-
Bull
Shit.
Those guys must have been on something when they said that, because I love and care for you, more than any other person in this family.
I volunteered to hold you when mom wouldn't because I wanted to see my little brother for the first time. I always wanted to protect you. Especially when I saw how our father treated you.
I don't know how the others could have thought I was faking that.

-Me-
Thank you, Toya
That meant a lot.

-Toya-
No problem
Actually, if you really do want to see me, I'm just walking in a forest right now.
You can't really go into public places for spare time if you're in a situation like mine -.-

-Me-
Not sure what that means
Wait are you near a camp?

-Toya-
Hold on...
I see a camp, why?