Chapter Nine

(WARNING: This chapter has Todoroki being violently beaten and starved. If you're sensitive to that, read with caution. Unfortunately it is an important chapter, so you can't really skip...)
One Week Later
Todoroki's POV:
Because of that incident with Monoma, Aizawa and All Might couldn't cover for me anymore, so I had to go back to my father. The minute I walked in, I saw Natsuo looking at me like I was the most disgusting thing he'd ever seen, Fuyumi seemed angry, and didn't look at me. My father... wasn't there?

Then I felt a whole new level of dread sink in when I saw Natsuo and his friend approach me.

N. Todoroki: You thought you could just run away and get in trouble at school behind our backs?! What are you supposed to be?! A masterpiece?! Or a FAILURE?! Dad really wasted his time on you didn't he?!

My ears were ringing from the yelling, but I knew my sister didn't care about what was happening, and Endeavor wasn't there. I also couldn't explain the situation. They wouldn't believe me, and I'd be forced to tell them about Izuku.

N. Todoroki: What else have you been trying to hide from us?! What else have you been trying to do behind our backs?! Have you hurt other people?! What else is there?! ANSWER ME!

Friend: How about this, I get the answers out of him, and I'll tell you later.

Natsuo nodded in agreement and he an Fuyumi left me with the stranger. Actually he wasn't a stranger. I felt dread and terror sink in as I thought of what he could—and would—do to me.

I remembered calling him Kiken-San (Danger-San).

The friend immediately grabbed me by the arm and took me down into the sound-proof room in the basement. Fuyumi and Natsuo didn't try to stop him. Once the door was locked, I immediately felt the impact of a punch and a kick to my face and stomach. I fell to the ground and felt another kick.

I was turned over onto my back, and my stomach got stomped on. Hard. I jolted from the sudden loss of air, and I turned over and vomited. Even though I was coughing violently, the friend still picked me up by the throat.

I looked at him, knowing this would probably be the toughest period. Keeping Izuku and the baby away from them will be even harder now. Especially since Kiken-San now had an excuse to do whatever he wanted to me with nobody around to help me.

But I couldn't give in to it, not after Izuku was almost hospitalized, not after we almost lost the baby...

Kiken-San: Well?

I shook my head, took in as much air as I could, and braced for impact. I already knew what was going to happen since I refused to speak to him.

I felt myself get thrown into the wall, and the harsh impact of me hitting the ground again. When he stomped over to me I had completely resigned myself to everything that was about to happen.

I shut my eyes in defeat.

Once the violence was over he left me in the basement, lying down, bruised, burned and bleeding.

Kiken-San: If you're going to be a stubborn little liar, you can go without food until you tell us. Your family doesn't want you to have the energy to lie anyway.

He then walked out and locked the door behind him, leaving me in the dark, cold basement. Without food, per his choice of punishment. I was lucky he didn't do the same thing he did when I was six or seven—

But I couldn't give in. I couldn't let him get my family, not this soon... Not now... even if it lands me in the hospital, or kills me, I would NOT, let him hurt my loved ones!