My First Day

Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN TMNT only my OC's.
Nicole's POV
Why is my life so different? I would give anything to be just a normal teenage girl, doing normal teenage things, but noooo I just have to be different. If my life were normal, I would be back in New Hampshire where I belong, my mom wouldn't be in a coma, my dad wouldn't have had to stay in New Hampshire with my mom, and I wouldn't have to move in with these people I don't even know.
Originally we were all supposed to move to New York. My parents had already transferred me to this new high school here in New York when my mom went into a coma. Since they had already transferred me, I needed to go. My old school asked if there were any people in this new school willing to take me in until further notice. There was only one family that wanted to. That family was the O'Neil's. Kirby is the father's name and I am sharing a room with this girl named April.

My flight landed a few minutes ago and I've already got my luggage. I am on a bench waiting for the O'Neil's when these two people come up to me. One of them is a short, redhead girl with freckles and looks my age. The other is a tall, redhead man.
"Hi, my name is April! Are you Nicole?" said the redhead. "Yah, that's me." I replied. "It's nice to meet you! This is my dad, Kirby." said April. "It's nice to meet you both." "Come on, we'll take you to our apartment."

TIME SKIP UNTIL APRIL'S APARTMENT

April's POV
Nicole seems like a very nice girl. I mean, yes see's very quiet, but she's just shy. I bet that as soon as she settles in, she'll be sooo happy! Her hair is very interesting. She has a dark brown hair, but has dark red highlights. Not a lot but enough that you can see it. She keeps it in a ponytail. She wears a red tank top, black shorts, and red knee high shoes.
"So just make yourself at home." I said after I had showed her my room and put her stuff down. "Ok, thanks." she said. "No problem." Then she sat on one of the beds and started looking through her stuff. Darn it! I still have homework to finish, and I completely forgot! I should probably get started.

Nicole's POV
April seems really nice. A lot nicer than the people I've always heard about in New York. I feel really bad that I'm not being very social, I'm just like that. After April showed me her room, I took out my drawing notebook and started to draw. My mind keeps wandering as I think about school, and all the new people I'm going to meet there. As I'm thinking, the thing that I find most important to remember is: Don't let anyone find out.

A/N
This is my first story so please don't hate! Another thing is that I have a very busy schedule so I can't promise that I will update every week, BUT I will make an effort! Thanks for reading!