Chapter 22

Niall's POV

I walked over to the body of my dad. Calum came over and bowed his head as respect. My dad was the wisest 'elder' in the pack and everyone respected him.

Niall, we have to go. The police may show up, we cant let anyone know our secret.

I know Calum. Let's get James and head out. Thank the lords James is still alive. Some pack members placed him on my back and we made our way home.

***

*Monday Morning*

We made our way to school, helping James and his crutches along the way. "Niall, go on ahead. I've got him." Liam smiled sympathetically and motioned us forward. I took Alana's hand in mine and we made our way onto school campus.

The walls of the outside were littered with pictures of us in wolf form attacking. My eyes widened as I was in one of them transforming. "Ni-"

"Fucking hell!" I yelled. I ran inside with Alana close behind. People then got close to the walls and stared at us in complete horror.

"Kids! Get in here now!" Our principal pulled us into his office. "You better have a good excuse for these!"

"Sir, the pictures dont lie. We're werewolves, but we mean no harm!"

"The school doesn't believe this. If you can prove it, we'll help you out."

"Sir, we've been living among people for our whole lives! We aren't wild werewolves, we don't attack humans!" Niall defended.

"This picture shows outherwise." He held up a photo of me ripping off Louis' head. "A student has died because of one of you."

"You dont understand! He's a wolf hunter! He's over 200 years old!" I clenched my fists to hold back my anger. My wolf wanted to explode.

"Assembly at 1. Be ready." He glared and dismissed us. We walked out of his office and people were gathered around us.

"What are you all looking at? We're just humans!" Alana's temper got the best of her and she pushed past everyone and to math class.

People soon parted and made their way to class. This is not going to go well.

Alana's POV

My temper got the best of me and I pushed away the people in my way to get to math. When I arrived, everyone stopped talking. Perrie and Vicky looked mad as I'll get out.

I sat in my seat next to the injured James and he mind messaged me. Well this is just great. The whole school knows our secret.

I glanced at him and sighed. There isn't anything we can do James. The assembly at 1 will help us prove we are innocent.

He looked at me and his jaw dropped. You think these nasty humans will believe us?

I'm a human too!

You used to be a human! Now you're a werewolf goddess. You cant change history just like that!

Maybe I can! I've changed how this happened didn't I?

He didnt reply. The bell rang and Mrs. Gloss came in. She stopped when she saw us. "Oh, so you bothered to show up." She scoffed. I clenched my fists and felt my eyes change.

Calm down. Take deep breaths. James put a hand on my shoulder. My breathing picked up and I looked at him. Your eyes are yellow. Take deep breaths and calm down. I stared at him the whole time and eventually calmed myslef down.