"Little sis"

The man stood at the doorway to the room we were in, unmoving.

"Won't even accept my invitation huh?" Yohan clicked his tongue. "Come on, were the ones at a disadvantage here."

Yohan sighed and looked behind him catching my eye. He cocked an eyebrow and turned back around. Yohan crossed his arms and leaned back.

"Don't worry, we just wanna talk. If this was a trap you would've been ambushed at the door." He slid down lower in his chair keeping his composure.

"For your information, I really hate violence" Yohan pushed the hair on his forehead back and audibly sighed. "I'm so weak I can't even stand the sight of blood" I pressed my lips together. Although Yohan may be physically weak his mind is strong.

"I think there's other ways to resolve matters. Such as, money. People love money" I furrowed my eyebrows becoming impatient with Yohan.

"But of course, not everyone lives for money" Yohan leaned forward in his chair and smiled. I opened my mouth to give Yohan a piece of my mind when I finally caught on. He was just stalling. I stepped forward playing along.

"If you spare us, we could work out some other option" It was silent. A mouse scattered across the floor. Yohan awkwardly smiled. Come on! We were running out of things to say...

Yohan looked at the ground. "You know...I didn't mean to make her cry"

I stiffened and snapped my head towards Yohan. Emma? The man tensed at the confession. "You probably know this, but she cried because I brought up something from her past" I squinted my eyes trying to get a clear view on the man. I slowly inched my way towards the doorframe. Yohan kept blubbering.

"You know what happened to her too, don't you? Are you a childhood friend?" The man reached up fixing his mask.

"I understand where your coming from. You're just protecting Emma from getting hurt" That's when it clicked. Elios. My brother was standing at the door to this room. Yohan sighed. It was as if Elios forgot I was in the room. I'd made my way towards the desk without him noticing and was now pressed against a section of wall by the doorframe.

"What a noble act, it's as if you were her knight in shining armor. Your even willing to go against the law for her" Yohan looked towards me narrowing his eyelids. "Though, I'm sure Emma wouldn't like it if she ever found out"

Elios tensed at Yohan's words. "But where's the fun in that? That's why I have a proposal." Yohan slipped his hands into his jacket pockets and continued. "Let's work together"

Those words on a normal day would scare me but he was just bluffing. Right? Just bluffing? Elios raised his eyebrows and took a step back.

"I know your smart enough to realize you can't keep doing this alone. Doing this alone means being able to cover less things. For example, your trace." Yohan tilted his head to the side and gestured towards Elios. "That's how we found you"

Elios did a double take looking around the room for me. That's when I jumped out. I know it wasn't the smartest idea when help was on the way but I'd been waiting to take my anger out on him. I lunged towards Elios ignoring Yohan's shouts

"What the hell are you doing?!"

Elios was stunned for a couple moments. I used his stillness to my advantage. I yanked on his arm pulling his clutched fist out of his pocket to reveal a knife. I reached for it. Elios regained his composure and pulled me close. He brung the knife up and pressed the cold blade against my throat. I shivered and gritted my teeth.

Elios leaned in to whisper in my ear. "Are we really gonna do this little sis?" I struggled against his grip. "You know, most big brothers-urgh...don't hold a knife to their sisters throat"

"Don't hurt her!" Yohan growled stepping forward. Elios remained silent and gripped me tighter pressing the knife harder against my throat. "Please trust me, there's a recording of my conversation with Brian" He panicked. "He told me everything that he did to Emma, I was going to use that to blackmail him later but you can have it if you let her go" Yohan's voice rose in pitch with each word. He took a deep breath.

Elios released me and I crumpled onto the ground gasping for air. Yohan rushed towards me. Elios stalked over to Yohan's bag and hesitated, before turning and walking out the door to the room we were in and into the dark hallway. Yohan looked down at me and furrowed his brows.

"What were you thinking?" He squeezed me tighter. "He bought our act but we can't let him go" Yohan stood up and held out his hand to me.

"Isn't your uncle on the way?" I panted grabbing onto Yohan's hand and standing up. "Aren't we safe if the cops are coming?"

"Well, I don't want something to happen to my uncle" Yohan looked down at his sneakers. "I mean... I don't want to put you in danger either but...how about you stay h..."

"Don't say it. Your not going alone" I grasped Yohan's hand squeezing it tightly. He smiled and casually walked over to the chair in the middle of the room. He bent down swiftly and grabbed a long board of wood. He waved it around in front of him like a sword and winked.

"But first we're gonna need one of these"

Sorry this chapter was a bit short but I'm having a late family Christmas this weekend srry 💕 Plus I felt like that was a good place to stop it kinda badazz 🔥 Next chapter will be longer! Also we hit 3,000 reads!!! We are growing so quickly and I can't thank you guys enough 😭💕💕