conversations and cookies

A few months later
Dec.20th

Noah's pov
Well, its been a while. Sorry bout' that.

Anyways, after everything that happened in October like all the parties and me having to watch as, throughout the month, Skylar hit Erick over the head with many wooden spoons before starting her 'creations' that actually ended up being different colored cookies every week.
Creative uhuh, suuuree.

We decided that after spending the beginning of the month celebrating the holidays with our families, we would rent out a little cabin in the mountains just like we did a few months back  and spend Christmas there all together.

You might be asking me, wow you spend all year with these annoying idiots arent you done with that shit?
My answer being, fuck yeah, who wouldn't be?, but at the end of the day, they're my best friends.
       So either way its fine, ive been trained to deal with the stupid arguments and drunk laughter anyways.

At the moment we are all in the cozy wooden living room of the rustic looking cabin we rented out, enjoying a hot cup of, to some, tea, and to others, hot chocolate.

"Skylaaar why are trying to paint over the little game pieces again? We've been through this,
Its  p l a s t i c, you cant just cover it up by aggressively shoving a colored pencil into it" Erick said while rolling his eyes.

"But Erick, what you fail to consider is that at some point during this i might actually dent the little plastic people and that dent, will probably leave some pigment" Sky complimented, continuing to press her purple pencil onto the Yellow plastic person from the game we had bought.

"So you're telling me, that you'd wanna break the piece, just to give it a different colored dress?" I add, casually sipping my cup of tea.

"Well duh, look at it, its a busted hand me down version of 'Clue' that you got in a thrift store for two bucks, AND this color is veryy out of date" she laughed.

"What, no it's not, every board game in the world basically has these same exact colors of pieces, whats wrong with it now?" Erick continued.

"Whats wrong with it now? Well EriCk. That's the problem, THIS specific boardgame lady wants to be unique, not your representation of society's board game characters" Skyler smiled at him.

"Ok so why are we still talking about this?" Kyle cuts in.

"Why the fuck should i know. MOVING ON. We've got five days until Christmas, do we have anything planned?"

"Well i was thinking we'd wake up early the next few days and do a bit of exploring in the little town down the hill" Bea says, for the first time in a while.

"Sounds fun, ooh can we get Waffles theree?! Pleeaaseee" Sky whinned, putting the stuff that was earlier in her hands onto the short table at the center of the room.

"Haha sure i guess, plus, i think we'd find some really cool little stores down there"  chuckled Daniel.

"Eh im down.
Alrightt now that that's over with, I'm just gonna warn you guys. My Christmas gifts this year are hard to beat" I smile.

"Ppfftt oK. Watch me bitch" Skyler added sarcastically.

"Oh wow i see, ok ive got competition. You're on shortie"
(...)

__________

A few hours later and we hadnt moved much, we were just in a very talkative mood for this day, seen as we had just gotten done with a two hour long hike. Kyle's request.

Right now, at least, Skylar had moved into the kitchen to work on her 'blueberry blue cookies' which is a name for basic chocolate chip cookies dyed blue.
That's the extent of her baking for now, but eh, at least we get cookies out of it.

" OW WHAT THE FUCK. AGAIN?"
Aandd that was the expected complain of  s o m e b o d y  that got caught sticking their finger into the cookie dough bowl again. *Cough" Erick *cough*.

"DONT TOUCH THE DOUGH, YOU SQUEAKY SHOPPING CART. UGH"
Aand that was sky, protecting her cookies.

That's something we've been experiencing for the past month, at least twice a week. Safe to say we have a life supply of multi colored cookies.

But, as we've been in the cabin for only three days, Skyler just HAD to make a new batch for this house.

Its fine its fineee.

So as that happened in the kitchen, i sat calmly next to Bea in the sofa.

"Noah?" She questioned.

"Whats up?"

" I think 2020 is gonna be a good year" she smiled, eyes fixated onto the fireplace.

"Oh that's good. Why'd you think that?"

" I just feel it. Plus i get to spent the year with you, from the start. Not like last year." She explained, looking at me occasionally.

"I get it, you're fucking adorable, gotta rub it in my face? * I laugh, getting a smooth grin back from Bea.

"I dont agree with that statement, but im not in the mood to contradict"

"I wouldnt let you cOntRadIcT anyways, dont worry"

"Ppft fuck you"