Chapter 3

"You make me feel just like I'm living a teenage dream the way you tur... " I turn off the radio and focus my eyes on the road. I loved Katy Perry once upon a time. She was so relatable, but I guess I changed.You know People change and I am not that teenage girl anymore. Listening to her song made me miss my childhood, I was inlove when that song came out.

2010

"Omg this song!!" I scream alongside my friends Sam and Thando. "I want to be Katy perry when I grow up!" Sam laughs as we do more window shopping.

My phone rings bringing me out of my Katy Perry trance. Both Sam and Thando make "Ohhh" sounds as I Blush answering. "Hey Mark" I enter the change rooms as a way to get more privacy. I must say new love is exciting. Being a teenager and being inlove is exciting.

I exit the fitting rooms after about 10 minutes talking to my boyfriend. "We thought you left the shop, we were looking for you everywhere! " Sam exaggerates. "Sorry guys I couldn't come out my jeans" I lie and laugh.

"I want to be your maid of honor when you and Mark tie the knot one day" Thando states. I laugh at her statement. "Ohkay.... We have only been together for 3 months, why talk about marriage so soon and I'm still in grade 11!"

"wait,I also want to be your maid of honor" Sam states too. I laugh at both of them and we make our way to grab some pizza. "I love you guys" I smile at both my friends.

Present day

A loud sound brings me back to reality. Oh my Gosh how long have I been waiting for the robot to turn green. "Hey Lady what is your fucking problem we have been waiting for you for 5 minutes!" An angry taxi driver knocks on my window. Afraid to open the window, I make hand apology gestures and quickly cross the robot.

What is wrong with me, if I don't watch it I might cause an accident, what if I hit a car or worse hit a pedestrian. My ring tone echoes in the car, I put it on loud speaker. "Anna finally!" I hadn't looked at the screen and instantly realise I'm talking to my mother. "Mom how have you been?" I beam. I haven't spoken to my parents in almost a week and not because I have been avoiding them or anything I have just been caught up and whenever I do get the chance it's either too late at night or too early in the morning.

"Honey why have you been avoiding my calls and your father's too" she asks and I sense concern in her voice. "it's not like that mom, I'm literally always busy." I tell her. "I understand, but you never pick up lately, those cases must be taking a lot of your time" she adds. I sigh. "Anyways, Your Father and I are coming to Cape Town next week, we were hoping to also spend some time with you" she excitedly says. "Really?" I speak while trying to not lose focus on the road.

"We are doing a little what do you youngsters say, oh yes Baecation" She laughs. "Mom!" I laugh in what felt like a long time. "Anyways I will text you more details, I love you and see you next week" I exchange my goodbyes and I love you too before I hang up. The drive to my apartment is filled with me smiling, it feels great having my parents come over and I'm really happy that after all these years as a married couple they still do romantic things together.