Ch 6. The Rink

"GOOD MORNING TAMPA BAY! IT'S TEN IN THE MORNING AND IT IS A BEEEUUUUTTTIFUL DAY! GET OUT AND HAVE SOME FUN!!!" I couldn't control my smile, today is going to be a gooood day! My mom and dad have already left for work, so I decide to take my time getting ready. I walked to my bathroom and I took a nice hot shower. After putting on a towel, I get to work on my hair. I combed it in front of the big bathroom vanity. After what seemed like forever blow drying, I finally got to the fun part, I decided to curl it. That part didn't take too long. Then I put on a tee and some volleyball spandex just in case... Yup just as I suspected, as I walked out the door Luke sat, patiently waiting.
There was a a stick in his perfect hair from climbing the tree to my bedroom window, which I sat down on the bed and pulled out. "Well, well, well, don't you look fine today, Katie?" He said, with a smirk. I laughed. "Get out, I need to get dressed!" I complained. "How about I stay?" He said, mischief twinkling in his eyes. "How about I push you out that window?" I offer. "Fine, fine!" He exclaimed putting both hands in the air, exiting the bedroom. I picked out a white band tee with the sides cut up that Abby and I made, and put on some jean shorts. I grabbed my Aviators and my SnapBack and walked out the door. Luke whistled. "Come on sis, we need to get a move on to meet the rest of the crew down at the skating rink." He said with a wink.
We harmonized to some pretty amazing songs on the way there. And you know, Luke is actually a REALLY good singer, which made it a ton of fun. Unfortunately, Luke's air conditioning broke yesterday, so it got really hot really quick. By the time we got to the rink, I was dying. We parked and he came and opened my door. "Come on!" He exclaimed. "I can't move!!!! Too weak!" I yelled. "Fine, be that way!" he said. He then leaned over and picked me up, swinging me over his shoulder. "Dude this is super uncomfortable!" I moan. "Honestly your shoulders and back are really hard." I exclaimed. "You know most girls wouldn't complain about that." He said. "Well I'm not most girls, honey." I said. "One second, you baby." He closed the car door with his free hand and then tossed me into a more comfy position. He carried me into the rink, which got us some looks, which were pretty hilarious might I add. There by the concessions were Nick and Abby. When we approached them, Luke handed me off to Nick. "Bro hold this for me for a minute, while I get my skates." Nick looked bothered for a second. He looked unsure and a little upset about something. Hmmm.... Gosh, Nick's hands were freezing against my bare legs. "Not appreciated." I comment in Luke's direction. I look up at Nick. He was watching me. "Hey." I said. "Hey." He replied, with a smile. "Okaaaay, I'm gonna go get skates now." Abby said making the situation seem awkward. "We should probably do the same." I said a few seconds later, not breaking eye contact with him. "Oh, sorry!" He slowly let me down. By the time we got into the rink, Luke and Abby were already racing. I fell about half a billion times....in the first five minutes. This time I held on to Nick really tightly, hoping I wouldn't fall. "You know, you should go skate with them." I said, looking up at him. "Katie, it's no big deal, I chose the rink because I wanted to spend time with YOU." I couldn't help but blush a little.
After about an hour of torture, we decided to eat. Luke and Abby sat across the table arguing about the last race and then suddenly growing more quiet discussing something they didn't want Nick and I to hear. A few minutes later Luke returned with the last two cotton candies that they had. I shared with Nick as we talked about movies and music. Abby and Luke continued to talk quietly, very unlike them. As I was contemplating what they could be speaking about, Seth approached. Nick's arm was suddenly around me. That had me a little concerned. The boys do that sometimes when they are concerned about my safety, but it's just Seth, he may be a jerk, but I doubt he'd hurt me (physically anyway). "Aww, how cute is this, boys?" He exclaimed. "Sorry Luke, guess all your efforts when Nick was gone, were to no avail." He said, laughing. "I mean at the movie, how classic!" "She fell asleep on your shoulder and your arm was around her!!!" "Even though she was asleep, I bet you still didn't even watch five full minutes of that movie." "Your eyes were all over her!' "You even admitted it." Nick's face froze in confusion and it almost looked like hurt, he quickly shook it off. "But I guess that's all over now, since Prince Charming is home." He said, with a look of pure hate. I looked over at Luke. An idea sparked in his eyes. He got up and walked over to my seat. "Katie,...Will you go out with me?" He asked, sincerely. Everyone's mouth dropped open. Nick looked like he'd just been shot, but I figured he was acting for effect. He dropped his arm. I smiled, I new what Luke meant. "Yes." I said.
Seth's face was priceless.

Hey guys!!!! Care to vote? Comment etc! Lots of Love- Skylar <3