Chapter 4: Is This Normal?

( A Week Later )
I wake up to someone rubbing my back gently. I already knew who it was since I fell asleep on Mason's lap. Or at least I think it was his lap, might have been shoulder i have no idea. We watched another movie last night like we have been for the past week. I think i like Mason. Anyways we watched 'The Maze Runner' it was awesome. I could feel the soft carpet under me. "Wake up, Vern." I heard Mason say to me. He has started to call me Vern now. I was already awake so i decided to sit up. "Goodnorning." Mason said once i sat up. Yep i slept with my head laying on his shoulder. "Morning," i said yawning "what time is it?" i asked lightly. "Almost 10 in the morning." he said sitting up. "Don't I have school today i haven't been going whens your mom going to enroll me?" i ask. I usually don't sleep this late. For the past week Mason has been skipping school to stay here with me so i wasn't alone all day. Day one excuse: Sick
Day two excuse: Still Sick
Day three excuse: Still Sick
Day four excuse: Bronchitis
Day five excuse: Recovery Stage
Then weekend, now it'a Monday and May still hasn't enrolled me at Hillside High.
Liam has been riding the bus with Alex, since he is in middle school and the elementary and middle schools are connected they ride the same bus. "I don't know ask her." he says. "Don't have to be a smartass." i say hitting him in the arm even though i know it doesn't hurt. "Ow!" he says with lots of sarcasim. Mason sleeps with his shirt off all the time so does half the other boys. But i can see his 6- pack which makes him even more hotter. Mason stands up and I hold out my hands for him to pull me up. "You so lazy, Verny." Mason says pulling me up. On the way up I step forwards and my foot gets caught in one of the like five blankets we have on the floor. I fall and Mason catches me in his arms. Our faces are close but i step back and awkwardly ask him whats for breakfast. "Whatever you want Verny." Mason replies. The house is completely empty. Ashlie is shopping and Liam and everyone else are at school. Jack and May are at work, like always. "Verny can i ask you something?" Mason asks kind of nervously. "Yes, of course anything." i say while we walk down the stairs. "Did you have a boyfriend where you last lived?" he asked quietly. "No, why?" i ask wondering why he said that. "Just wondering. Do you like anyone here?" he asks me another question. "Do you?" i ask which it's a weird question considering me and Ashlie are the only girl non siblings here. I hop up on the counter once we get to the kitchen. "I asked first." he says in a childish way. "Please answer first... for me?" I say trying to se if he like me. "Yes." he says. Then looks at me. I look at him. "Yes, i do." i say looking down. I look back up seeing Mason coming closer. We are so close our noses almost touch. Mason leans in and i close my eyes and feel his lips against mine. Just for a quick second though and i pull back. I don't know why though, I just do. After that I feel embarrassed and run up-stairs.