Day 29

Trigger Warnings: Mentions of Abuse

"Oh, this is so exciting!" Patton squealed as himself, Damion, and I were taken down to the basement of the hospital. Remy was leading the way, jingling the master set of keys in his hands. I wasn't entirely sure what was going on, but Patton recalls this event happening before. I learned the other day that Patton has been here the longest, followed by the Prince's, Logan, Damion, and of course, myself.

"What is this all about anyway, Patt?" Damion questioned as if he were reading my thoughts.

"Well, every year around this time, the hospital hosts a giant ball!" He cheered. Damion and I exchanged excited looks.

"He's right." Remy chimed in. "We have them to celebrate our patients. Whether they're new, or just getting ready to say goodbye." He said, tilting his head to look at me. I sheepishly smiled. We came to a tall door with a keyhole in it. Remy wielded his keys, sticking them in the keyhole and waiting for the click. He pushed open the door to reveal a room full of dresses, suits, ties, and other accessories.

My face lit up. A cold breeze from the room swept over us, but we could all care less. "These are the outfits we use seasonally. Some are worn almost every year while some, have never been touched."

Patton grasped my hand along with Damion's as we aimlessly wandered inside the storage area. My breath was taken from me. Not just because it was cold, but seeing all the beautiful dresses and suits. All the fun colors ranging from dark to light. I felt excitement title wave me.

"You guys can choose anything! We just gotta make sure it gets back to us in one piece." Remy told us.

I faded out towards the dresses. I always grew up wearing suits and ties to fancy events. That was mainly because of Father. I remember when I went suit shopping with Father. He took me to a fancy suit and dress store. I kept finding myself gawking at all the long dresses. Father caught me doing this. Father took me home and beat me shameless and forced me into a suit.

My eye found itself caught on a beautiful purple dress that had lace all the way down to the floor. It was strapless with black rhinestones at the top. The dress itself faded to black at the end. It was stunning. I looked around, seeing Remy watch me. He noticed the dress, giving me an approving nod before I grabbed it off the hanger.

Damion came over to me with a short yellow dress and a nice bowler hat in his hands. The color really suited him and I could tell he was in love with it. "Nice dress." He commented.

"Same to you." I giggled. Patton came around the corner with a light blue skirt in his hands along with a light blue blazer. He was smiling ear to ear at us. I think he was happy to see us get along again.

"Come on guys, we have to pick some jewelry with this!" He squealed, directing us to the corner where there was a giant box filled with necklaces, earrings, rings, and bracelets. We were all digging through it. I was having so much fun just looking at all the stuff. I used to do the same with Mother's jewelry box when Father wasn't looking.

Patton found a silver chained necklace that had a black gem at the bottom. He handed it to me which I immediately excepted. It was beautiful. Damion grabbed some earrings, hoping his earring holes hadn't fully closed while Patton took a few different necklaces. After that: shoes.

Patton and Damion both chose similar silver high heels. I didn't trust my ankles enough to take on high heels so instead, I chose black boots. Satisfied, we went back over to Remy. He smiled at us and all of our things. He lead us back to the main hospital where we could see Dr. Picani and Warden Sanders decorating The Healing Room for the ball. Roman, Remus, and Logan should be helping them. We didn't want them to see us in our dresses until the actual ball.

I lead Patton and Damion into my room so I could do their makeup. Roman left me all of his makeups so the others didn't have to go in gothic makeup like me. We first changed into our dresses, not caring if we saw each other naked. After slipping on our dresses, we took turns gazing at ourselves in the mirror.

The other two looked stunning. Both Patton and Damion seemed to have worn dresses before. I looked pretty good in mine. The dress sat perfectly on my hips and didn't make it look too obvious that I didn't have breasts.

Then, the two sat on my bed while I mixed a foundation for the both of them. "Oh, I'm so thrilled. I can't wait to see what Logan's gonna where!" Patton gushed, making us laugh.

"Yeah, it'll be fun. All the dancing, the music, the food. I wish we did these more often." Damion sighed.

"I'm just glad I got to be involved in one before leaving." I laughed. The others didn't laugh. I could tell they weren't looking forward to me leaving. To be honest, I wasn't either. But I couldn't stay here forever. I knew that, they did too.

I applied both of their foundations while we chatted. I gave Patton brown eye shadow and cat eye eyeliner. Some blush and pink lips finished up his look. For Damion, I gave him green eye shadow and a thin line of eyeliner. Finally, some neutral lip gloss. The others waited while I got my makeup on. I tried to do the ombre eye shadow like Roman did for me, but it wasn't going to well. I just put on black eye shadow to cover it up. Some red lips completed my look.

The clock struck seven. It was time for the ball. I had nervous butterflies in my stomach, but they were the good type of nervous. Damion helped me off my bed as we took Patton's arms, linking ourselves together. We walked out of my room, their heals clicking all the way down the hall.

We got to The Healing Room and I could hardly recognize it. The lights were off and they had strobe lights flashing different patterns on the walls and ceiling. The music was loud, but I could still hear myself think. Balloons and festive streamers were everywhere and they had a side table with food against a wall.

There were many patients already in there, chatting and dancing. My eyes were scanning the room for Roman. Damion ran off when he saw Remus, head first in the punch bowl. He had a black and white stripped suit with his hair slicked back. Patton found Logan standing in the corner, shyly waiting for his boyfriend. Logan had a black suit with a blue bow tie.

Everyone looked amazing, but I still couldn't find Roman. Suddenly however, Roman pushed his was through the crowd of people, seeing me in the doorway. He practically stopped in his tracks, seeing me in my dress. I was blushing. He had a pearly white suit on with a red tie and one curl in the front of his head.

He slowly walked over to me, sticking out his hand. "You look incredible. May I have a dance?" He inquired. I laughed at his formality, taking his hand and letting him pull me onto the floor. We slow danced for awhile. We weren't saying a word, just looking at each other. His eyes were desperate for me. My heart was beating like a drum. "I love you." He said, holding me closer.

"I love you too." I told him. We kissed, putting our foreheads together as we finished. I couldn't be happier. Everything was perfect. Patton and Logan were dancing. Remus and Damion were making out in the corner. And everyone was having a good time. That's all I could ask for.