True PTSD

Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy have PTSD.

They know it. But not many people truly see it. And it's not romantic like you'd think.

It's not all cuddling-after-nightmares and long sad talks.

When they get in arguments Draco flinches away, and it breaks Harry's heart. Because Draco expects to get beaten. And sometimes he wishes Harry would hit him. Just to have the familiar back. Maybe if he hurts me I'll understand. I'll listen better.

But when they fight, Harry doesn't hit him. He shuts down when they start yelling. Because what if it gets physical? What if he gets mad and hurts Draco?

And when they eat, Draco constantly shovels food onto Harry's plate. But he will only eat half. Because after years of being starved, how does his body know he will eat again?

Draco's plate can't get emptied sometimes, only if he puts small amounts. Because sometimes he thinks he doesn't deserve to eat.

Sometimes Draco finds Harry in the closet. Just chilling inside, writing and reading. Or just sitting. Because he feels safe and calm.

Draco won't sleep without a light on. Even he doesn't know why. But Harry doesn't mind it too much.

And no matter their faults and triggers, they still support each other. They don't push each other into uncomfortable situations, just the same they rescue each other from situations that could hurt the other.

When they are both in bad situations, they fight for each other. They always will.