Video Games

Prompt from Instagram @/writing.prompts.re

I made this short drabble today but decided to make it Drarry. Hope it makes you smile.

KINDA NON-MAGIC AU???
Like they aren't wizards but...

Harry P.O.V

I sat cozied into my couch, hot cocoa in hand and blanket to keep warm. Comfortable loose sweats adorned my body, across from me, Draco wore the same across the couch from me. My Instagram was drier than usual, and I was itching for something to do.

A long shrill beep sounded from my phone, scaring me so terribly that I almost spilled my cocoa. My phone had never made that sound. What followed seemed normal though: a simple text message from an unknown number. It said Florida. From the states? Curious, I clicked.

-----------------------------------

"Reply 'YES' if you think
you could survive the
last video game you
played."

---------------------------------

I thought for a moment. What was the last video game I played? I didn't like games that much, so I had no clue. I was probably five.

Until then, Draco and I had a shared a comfortable silence, but I broke it to relay the message I'd been sent.
"Just to see what happens," Draco suggested, "Say 'yes'"

Accustomed to doing what Draco said (usually) I oblidged.

--------

YES
--------

The same loud beep sounded from my phone when I sent it, the but this time it vibrated.

I held it for a moment, wondering what would happen next. Then the world began to spin, almost as though I was in the center of a cosmic toilet bowl. My hot cocoa sloshed out of my hand, Draco was across from me, looking ashen and paniced. But like me he was frozen.

Then everything went gray, I had the feeling of falling. I couldn't even see my own hands. My heart was racing, my skin felt weird. My clothes began to tighten around me, and I felt something, maybe a mask wrap around my face. Finally the gray began to reanimate into shapes. Tree, moss, the woods? No, a swamp. But different, animated.

I found myself on the damp ground, around my body. I looked at my hands, they were also animated, and I was holding a crown.

My first thought was holy shit. Then I dropped the crown, was it mine?

I crouched to search for my dropped phone, to text them and tell them I was joking, to get out of this. I looked around for Draco, but he was gone. Then huge footsteps came from behind me. What video game was I even in? The animation is horrible. My heart was racing, birds flew away from the footsteps. Adenaline high, I stayed crouched, but slowly turned around to face the monster this video game had to offer.

I cluched the crown and tried not to cry. I saw the monster, huge, evil and green. Then remembered, age eight. Shrek on PS3.

I don't feel like writing it but Draco and Harry get killed by Shrek.