Hate at first sight

Cloves pov

I was just 14, and it was my first day of training in the older class (ages 15+) I moved up because of my skill. I was working on throwing knives when I saw him. Cato.
He was just a year older, and he got moved up about two years ago. I never really liked him. I was always trying to push myself to be better than him. But he would always laugh when I missed the target. But that was years ago. He doesn't know how good I've gotten.
I don't think he recognizes me at first, and he just goes on with his training, but then our teacher calls everyone over to talk.
We all walk over and I try to stay out of sight. But with my luck, the teacher calls me out. Of corse.
"Ms.Sevina, come over here, next to me." Oh god, he's gonna introduce me. "I want you all to meet Clove," he grabs my shoulders with his cold, dark hands, and turns me toward the crowd, "she just moved up from the lower school. She is only 14, but she probably has more skill than most of you 18 year olds." I start to blush a little bit. "Clove," he turns to me, still holding my shoulders, "why don't you show them what you can do."
"Uh... Okay," I reply nervously. If I mess this up I'll be laughed at until i actually win the games.
I walk over to the knives and then grab 6 of different sizes. I walk over to the targets, stand about 10 yards away, and then before I know it my arm is swinging. Every one hits the center of the target. There are two in the head, three in the chest and one in the neck.
I try to catch my breath as I hear the others clapping. I look over and I see that Cato is in the front. We lock eyes and he quickly looks away.
The trainer introduces himself to me right before I walk out the door. "Oh, by the way, I am Adam, the trainer for this class."
"Okay Adam, you already know who I am, so I'm just gonna go home now."