Interviews

The next morning I wake up first, but I stay there until he's awake. We go eat a large breakfast, and then sit on the couch for a bit. At 11, we are shoved back into those rooms that we first met our stylists in. Ethium comes in with another black bag. But this time there is a dress insiders dr. It is a beautiful, long, orange and peach gown. He helps me get it on, and then my prep team does my hair in a dress weird, half-up bun and braids coming out of it. When they're done with me, I'm taken to a hallway where there are about 14 other tributes, in line by district. I spot Cato in a blue an black suit, and I stand in front of him. I turn around, but I see Enobaria giving me a "don't even think about it" look, so I turn around and cross my arms to look like I'm not into Cato at all, and it works, glimmer turns around and gives him another flirty look.
I give her a death stare and I think she gets the message because she looks away and doesn't turn around again. After Marvel gets off stage, I go on.
Caesar asks me basic, yes or no questions. At the end he lifts up my hand, and then I walk off to a room with Glimmer and Marvel, and there are about five couches in the room. I sit on one of the smaller ones, with only two seats, and I watch Cato's interview. It's the same basic questions, but he asks all the boys if there's someone special at home. Cato acts like it's a simple answer, but I see panic in his eyes.
He finally answers, "No, not at the time."
Caesar seems shocked, "Really?"
"Well, we broke up about a month ago."
"Oh, I'm so sorry."
He lifts his hand up and then he comes in the room with us. Glimmer and Marvel are the only ones in the room, so he sits next to me, and hugs me tight. I snuggle up next to him, and Glimmer looks a little annoyed. When the district 3 girl starts to walk off, me and Cato sit, leaning forward with our elbows on our knees, and Marvel grins a little.
I'm not really paying attention, until I hear, "She came here with me." I know this isn't real. If they really were in love, they would've shown it. At least he would've. I'm mad now. I squeeze Cato's hand and he does the same to mine.
We stand for the anthem, and then head out the door. We walk out and then we are taken back to the tribute center. We are all on three different elevators. When ours stop on two, me and Cato watch the elevator close, and after they do, I jump on him and he twirls me around, like on the train.
He doesn't put me down, but then Enobaria comes through the elevator, and she yells at us, "C'mon, hurry up. You have an early day tomorrow. You'll see each other tomorrow in the arena."
I squeeze him again and give him a small kiss, and we go to our own rooms.
It's hot tonight, so I just strip down to my bra and underwear, and I lay on my bed.
I can't sleep so I just lie there, with my fan on. I roll around my bed for a few hours, and then around 1, my doorknob starts to turn.
When Cato sees me laying, practically naked, he smiles, and whispers, "So you knew is was coming?"
I laugh a little, and he lays down next to me. He makes sure not to stay for too long, so that we don't fall asleep. I wish that we could though. We sit like that for about an hour.
He leans over and kisses my head. I squeeze him one more time, and then he sneaks out.
It's takes me around another hour to fall asleep, but after I do I sleep through the night in peace.
For the last time in my life.