Extra: ENCOUNTER WITH A WHITE JADE 1.1

The snowflakes formed, paralyzing petals of flowers, drops freeze as the air is very chilling is it oozing with white smoke, winter season is materializing.

Lan JingYi woke up in the arms of his beloved,

" SiZhui... "

And with a gentle called from Lan JingYi,

Lan SiZhui's long eyelashes fluttered as he rustled for a bit and the first sight that welcomed him is the beautiful visage of Lan JingYi, his other half.

" Morning... " Lan SiZhui expressed as he leaned closer and give a peak to Lan JingYi's nose.

"Let's go nighthunt!"
Lan JingYi all of a sudden exclaimed first thing in the morning, he excitedly get up.

"We should have ...done it last night so we can... still lie more this morning.."
Lan SiZhui expressed in a low tone almost sulking,

" What??" Lan JingYi didn't heard it clearly so he innocently asked as he only earned a smile from Lan SiZhui.

" Aiyaa~ get up SiZhui!! Let's prepare! Let's nighthunt together!"

Lan JingYi pulled Lan SiZhui, and so without a choice, even he still wanted to sleep more.

" Yes, wait. Don't pull. "

" Yaay!!"

.........................

Lan SiZhui and Lan JingYi, after preparing their belongings, ask permission and bid farewell to their Elders,

" Have you seen a ' Yuki Onna ' before?"
Lan SiZhui asked Lan JingYi, the both of them is currently crossing the thick forest covered by snow Cloud Recesses's outskirts.

(Yuki Onna - from japanese mythology, a beautiful woman who died in the snow so she seduces (esp. men) or hunts people travelling in the snow.)

Lan JingYi thought for a second, for a lifetime he still doesn't encounter a type of that creature, even before when he was going on nighthunts alone.

" Well. I havent even once. Why? Isn't it a beautiful ghost? Like they said"
Lan JingYi nonchalantly said, Lan SiZhui kinda tick off from hearing that Lan JingYi kinda complimented someone, although it's just a monster or ghost.

" It's just a trick, I heard they can shapeshift. " Lan SiZhui carefully said,

" Really? "

" I've heard it. Unsure. Just don't let your guard down."

Hours passed as it is almost twilight, they passed an ark covered by freezing snow.

They encountered an old man in the road, thus inquire.

" Good evening. May I ask if this is Yū village? "

The old man scrutinized them as it answered with a nod.

" Is there really a mansion at the foot of Yū mountain?"

" Are you possibly ... cultivators from prominent sects?"

" Yes. We are searching for that telltale of a mansion. " Lan SiZhui politely expressed,

" Are you sure to find and go inside that mansion of a Yuki Onna?? You probably won't be able to return! "
The old man expressed in terror as it ran away like crazy.

Lan JingYi cringed a bit as fear starts to invade his state but Lan SiZhui immediately noticed the odd change of his beloved and so decided to reached for his hand to hold it tightly.

" It's fine, JingYi? "

" What...---- No, I'm not afraid! "

" Really? "

" Yes, since I'm with you!"
And this got Lan SiZhui to flushed,

" Why are your cheeks red? Is it too cold for you, SiZhui?"

" N-no. I'm fine. "

And so they proceeded, the people in the village actually evacuated for they are afraid that they may be attack by the rumored Yuki Onna dwelling on a mansion at the foot of the Yū mountain which is just closer to the Yū village.

Until they're almost at the foot of the Yū mountain, both of them sensed something,

" This... spiritual energy... "

" It's from a cultivator... not from a monster or whatnot, isn't it?"

" Must be."

And so both of them carefully walked further forth, with a lighting talisman to light the way.

The moon's out tonight, the road of snow are dimmed, and freezing.

Until they spotted from not too much far them, a faint light and together with the plucking of familiar strings,
Lan SiZhui knitted his brows he cant comprehend the melody of the low tone plucking of strings.

Yet he know that it is a kind of spell likely breaking something.

The wind is getting colder,

" Stop. Furthermore and we will step on a barrier. " Lan SiZhui said to Lan JingYi who kinda felt that mysterious vibe as well,

" So it's a barrier. What is it covering?"

" Maybe.. the one we are finding for."
Lan SiZhui assured,

With a powerful and odd pluck from strings, the barrier cannot be sense anymore, indicating the barrier has worn off.

Lan SiZhui and Lan JingYi immediately approached as they saw the splendid back of gentle fluttering white confucian robes together with its very long glittering black waterfall hair, someone who's build is quite tall and firm from their perspective, they felt its overbearing aura just from its back.

With a glint of sight, Lan SiZhui probably saw that someone faded a spiritual weaponry------ a Koto*

( Koto- a long japanese 13 stringed zither.)

Lan SiZhui is busy scrutinizing the back of the going forth enigmatic person, he never noticed a splendid mansion appeared in front of them.

"Sizhui! Look , it appeared!"
Lan JingYi called out Lan SiZhui's attention.

A grandiose mansion, smoothly flourished made out of traditional firm timber and bamboo, a grandiflora is designed surrounding the place.

" This place is...enveloped with resentments... "
Lan SiZhui expressed with sympathy,

" And melancholia... as well.."
Lan JingYi added with a gloomy expression.

All of a sudden, the front door opened, golden lights from lamps inside glimpsed.

" Let's go in."

And both of them while holding hands went inside.

-------------------
<TBC>