JANET, or how to have an Honest Conversation

Nero was FUCKED. He thought the after the Joe incident Janet had learned. He hoped that Janet had finally calmed down, set down her history as a conspiracy theorist and was content with rumor mongering.
But noOoOo.

Nero groaned and touched his hair, what was getting greasy again. It was 18 o'clock and soon Nero had to go back to his and Janet's room, and he did not look forward to meeting Janet.

"Convict Nero."
Nero turned around to look at the guard. Their face was covered and voice indistinguishable from any other. Janet would say that there really is only one guard but Janet would say anything.
"Why are you not at you cell?"

Sighing, Nero turned towards the cell complex. "Yes, I am going."
"We are aware of Janet, you know. You stopping her would be preferable to us, wouldn't you say?"

Nero paused and frowned, but the guard was already walking away.

Fuck.

---

Nero arrived to his cell to find it populated with more people than usual. There was Janet, who had stolen a giant whiteboard and was seemingly writing down recipe ideas, Samil, who was giggling and leaning against.. 
Nero's celebrity crush!

OMG-OMG-OMG!

"Janet, someone's at your door." Ramen said.

NERO WAS SOMEBODY ACCORDING TO RAMEN!

"Oh, yeah. Hi, Nero," Janet nodded. She seemed more guarded than before. "You two should go now."
Samil and Ramen stood up and said farewell to Janet, Samil also giving her and encouraging pet on the back, and they also gave a quick bye to Nero standing at the door.

RAMEN SAID GOODBYE TO HIM!

Nero might have started after them a bit too long, because even Janet couched, maybe a bit too loud so it sounded like an actual fit.

"Nero," Janet said then, pulling out her notebook and reading out of it, "you ignored me today, and I would like to know why."

Right. Honest conversation time.
"Look, Janet, ugh, you remember Joe, right?"
"Out previous cellmate and undercover guard, yes."

Nero reeled back a bit.

"Our previous undercover w h a t?"
"It was obvious," Janet said, but she did look a bit defencive.

"First, it was not, and second, why didn't you tell me?"
Nero felt a bit betrayed.
"Telling anyone would have been a risk, because I thought that the guards can actually hurt us but they can't because this place isn't real."

Nero tried to punch Janet but she caught him with her powers. "I know what you are trying to do, and causing me pain won't demonstrate that the reality is real, it will just show that i can feel things. But the reality isn't the only fake thing here!"
Janet drooped Nero (ouch) and flipped the whiteboard.

"If you analyse the way this place works, and all of the plot holes, you realise that we are rather in a CAMP, and th-"
"JANET."
Nero breathed in.
"A guard threatened me today. They said.. that I don't stop you, THEY will."

Janet frose. Her brow furrowed and she levitated a whiteboard pen.

After a bit, Nero spoke up again:
"Janet?"

She shook her head and started writing on whiteboard.
"This is more serious than I thought. 

She looked around, closed the door with her powers and turned towards Nero: "Do you want to know what's REALLY going on here?"

Would Janet know what's really going on here? But Nero nodded anyway.

Janet went straight into her lecture mode, speaking like a chainsaw:
"TECHNICALLY, I don't know, But I DO have one strong theory! You see, I said that this is a -camp-, and I said that because we are being held here to keep us out of the populace. They even erased our MEMORIES so we won't be able to say that we haven't committed any crime!"
"Wait, so it's like a.. racism thing?"

"Noo~, i THINK. I might have to consider this but considering that someone with powers must have erased our memories and the guard is just one woman with self duplication powers-"
"What?"
"-we are PROBABLY being held here because we could single handedly fight off the police AND military."

Nero felt just like last night: overwhelmed with information and worried for Janet. But now he was worrying not just about her mental health, but her physical as well.

"Alright, Janet."
She perked up, looking at Nero curiously.
"I hear all the.. stuff you have said and I'm' considering it. But PLEASE. Be more careful. The guard may be one person but she still has a gun."

Janet nodded and went towards her bed, but then paused in her movements:
"Will you ignore me again?"

She sounded cold, but also quiet and scared.
"No. Of course not."

Not if Nero wanted to keep her safe.