Chapter 5

I unlock my door and slam it shut behind me. The force of the door has the wall shaking slightly. I toss my shit on the couch as I make my way to the bathroom.

I strip and stare at my disgusting body in the mirror. There are old bruises and new ones now. He never used to hit my face. That's so no one would notice. Well they will now!

My usually bright blue eyes are now dull and lifeless. My makeup is smeared down my face and my hair is everywhere. I look like I just went through hell, which I fucking did.

My body looks plain and average. My medium size ass and medium size boobs look a lot less fabulous than I originally thought this morning. I pinch my thigh hard so I don't start crying again. I refuse to shed another tear on the matter.

I turn the shower on scolding hot. Soon, the steam is so thick you could cut it like cake. I step into the water and dig my nails into my legs to keep from screaming. Blood soon runs down my legs,  but I don't care anymore.

I've always done this, even when I was little. The scolding water took my mind off of my depressing thought to focus on the pain. U haven't been to a therapist or taken my pills in over three years. Kyle said it made me look weak, so I stopped.

I do my normal routine, happy when the razor nicks me while I shave again. I think I need some serious help. This can't be normal behavior. Soon, the water runs cold and I get out.

I pat myself dry with a towel, then throw a tank top with a black thong on. I get under my blankets after I plug my phone into the charger. I lay down, begging god that tomorrow is a way better day than this one.

~

My alarm screams at me to get up and face the day. I groan as I sit up, becoming dizzy again. I forgot about the cut on my head last night.

I stand up and walk over to my closet. I go to grab a very pretty red dress, but stop myself immediately. The warnings hit me like bricks and I grab a blue dress instead.

The dress is tight at the top with long lace sleeves, and it flares out from my waist to my knees. I stick on my black heels and tie my hair into a high ponytail.

Sticking my glasses on and grabbing my phone, I walk out to the living room\kitchen area. I put a medium bandaid on my head before I fix my makeup in the small mirror by the door.

I don't want anyone to ask about last night, so I cover my face up nicely. Luckily the bruise faded out while I slept. I remember the warnings again as I start to put on red lipstick. Damn. I'm really going to have to go shopping soon.

I grab my keys and hook my office key onto it so it won't get lost. I pick up my phone with my keys in hand and walk down to my car. I take the stairs since the elevator broke down last night.

I get to work in record time. I sit in the car for a minute to try and calm my breathing. I look up at the rear view mirror as I check my face one last time. I really don't have the heart to explain why it looks like I got into a fight.

With one last sigh, I grab my coat with my keys and phone. I'll have to wear my coat all day today since I'm meeting with my patients.

Cash smiles kindly at me as I walk inside the building. I start heading to my office, but I end up getting lost. I was just here yesterday, like what the hell?!

After asking for directions twice, I find my office door. My morning is already failing me, and the day hasn't even started yet.

I close the door behind me and go to my desk. I pull out my planner to check when my meetings are. My high risk patients are back to back and start very soon. I've heard that they are friends of some kind, and like to help each other when they murder people.