Chapter 13

Ivy POV

I'm sitting in my cell when a guard opens up the slot on the middle of my door. I'm informed that from now on I will be in group session with my Kitten and Harley. She did it! She actually kept her promise and did it! I never thought she would keep it, let alone actually accomplish it. I'm so used to getting told to stop asking and follow the rules that I lost all hope. I listen as Selina gets the same message and jumps for joy.

"Maybe she isn't all bad. I like her more now, flower. I'll try to open up to her more, but only for you Ivy." I smile even if she can't see me yet, and thank her for attempting to try. I'm glad that she is warming up to Harley because she truly is a great friend.

I worry about her, though. I can't believe her father and fiancé are doing this to her. I know there is more going on, but I won't force her to talk about it. She thinks I don't notice the little flinches, the way she stiffens when I mention her fiancé, or how she gets this sad look in her eye when she looks at the ring on her finger. Not to mention that her ring is super dull and so not fiancé worthy.

"What's on your mind this time?" I look up to see Joker looking at me again. I was thinking so much that I didn't notice Selina get into a cussing fight with Riddler while Kroc argues with Two-Face. No one ever gets along in here, and it makes me roll my eyes at all of them.

Joker looks at me expectantly, but as always, I tell him to mind his own business. That just makes him laugh his normal crazed laugh. I don't understand why he thinks I'll tell him anything.

"It wouldn't be that new blonde haired doctor, would it? The one with the bright blue eyes? Isn't she your new friend?"

"Who told you that, Joker?" I know he got it from his goons who pose as guards from time to time, but I don't like this. He doesn't need to know anything about her.

"A little birdy told me early this morning. Heard she's a pretty little piece of work. That true? I wonder what she looks like in red." He grins and it takes everything in me not to scream. He just wants to get under my skin, and he knows it's working.

"I'll get her to doll up in red lace and dance for my enjoyment, or maybe I'll just tear into her then and there. It's been so long since I've been with a woman." He moans the last part and I snap as my vision goes dark.

"Don't you fucking touch her Joker! She's my friend and I won't let you get your slimy hands on her! Leave her alone or so fucking help me, I'll kill you myself!!" My screams silence the whole room as they all watch the fight start. Not a sound is made as I glare daggers at Joker, begging to be able to strangle him to dead with vines.

"Flower, breath. He is just trying to work you up. You know that he's just looking to start trouble like usual. He won't touch her. You won't let it happen, and with you around, she's as safe as she can be."

Slowly but surely, Selina calms me down. I tell her goodnight and that I love her before I head to my bed. I lay down as the lights in the room shut off for the night.

Harleen POV

Today is my day off for the week. I asked for one day a week off, but now I hope I get called in. I miss my only friend that I have, and I wonder what Ivy plans to get into today. Maybe they'll let her in the small library that they have. I have nothing to do at home so I decide to go shopping at Gotham Central Mall.

I put on a red tank top with a pair of black shorts and fishnets under them. I pair them with a pair of black converse and I put my hair in a pony tail. I don't have to be careful with all my red clothing today.

I throw my phone into my purse and grab my keys. I get in my car and drive to the bank first. I need to get some money for my shopping spree and gas.

I park and get out as I head inside the building. The lines are super long and I debate on my shopping trip or just going to the park that's inside the mall. I wait for about another 5 minutes, but my line didn't even move forward. Park it is then.

I make it to the small park and sit on a bench as I soak up some fake sun. The mayor put in a fake park in the mall because no one goes to the real one anymore. Plus, it's to cold outside due to it being winter, and I didn't bring a jacket with me.

I notice a tree nearby and I decide to climb it. I took gymnastics since I could walk clear until I turned 18. I won several world wide championships, along with several small time trophies. I had been the top world gymnastics leader, and I got offered a lot of jobs for it, but I studied psychology instead.

I cart wheel over to the tree and jump up. I grab onto a low branch and swing myself onto it. I do this several time, and make it to the top. I have moves that would make cheerleaders green with envy and jealousy. I jump and front flip to the ground as I land on my feet.

"Cute, Harleen." I startle at Kyle's voice, and turn to see him standing under the tree. I do the only thing that comes to mind. I turn and race across the mall, trying to get to my car. I really don't want him to ruin my only day off this week.

Before I can even get the door open, I'm pinned against it with his body on the other side of me. I try to throw him off me even though the cold is burning my skin. "Stupid move, whore. Shouldn't run from your master."

He grabs my hand roughly and drags me into the bathroom inside the large eating area of the mall. He throws me in and locks the door behind him. This isn't going to end well for me, even if I try to defend myself.

"Kyle, don't. Please just let me go." I start crying and trying to back away from him. Kyle has me slammed against the wall before I could even process it. He slams me against the wall again making me cry out as my already hurting head hits the wall.

He tosses me to the floor, but before I have a chance to gain my balance, he lands a good kick to my head. I spit out the blood as he bends over me, landing kick after kick to my already broken body.

The cuts on my stomach bleed out in agony as they reopen. My vision starts going dark and I wish I would just black out already. I pray for the darkness to just take me away from all the pain in my life.

"What do you do at work all day, huh? I bet that you sleep with your patients and the other staff. You're a whore and that's all you will ever be." With on last kick to the back, Kyle leaves me there in the bathroom, bloody and broken.

I faintly hear my phone going off, but I could care less. For the first time in my life, I want to die. The thought almost knocks the wind out of me, or what's left of it. My sobs don't help with the pain, and that just makes me bleed out more.

I lay my head down on the dirty floor and close my eyes. Someone please save me from my destroyed, broken, and abusive life. I don't want to die exactly, but I do wish for a different life. One where I'm free to do as I wish without anyone bossing me around. Where I can tell a person no without fear of getting the shit beat out of me.

I want one where I can hang out with Ivy and Selina, maybe even meet their other friends, too. Where we can spend as much time together as we want instead of listening to rules that others force onto us. Why do I have to get bullied and beaten into submission? Don't I get a fucking choice?!

"I want my family. I want to go see the only people who seem to fucking care about me." I growl out in agony as I move my body. I will see my fucking family, even if it kills me to do so.