Part 5

The drapes are drawn in Christen's bedroom allowing the sunshine to trickle in and brighten her bedroom as she goes about completing her regular morning routine. Every morning she is up early and wakes up with some yoga and meditation prior to getting herself ready for school or wherever else the day may take her.

As she finishes putting the last of her makeup on, her personal assistant, Vero enters the room with her breakfast, setting it down on the desk for her.

"Good morning, Christen."

"Morning, Vero, what's on the schedule for today?"

"You have a 3:30 appointment for a mani/pedi and a massage with Shannon at 5:00 as you requested. Also, your fitting has been pushed from Thursday to Friday, now as there have been some last-minute design changes."

"Vero, I don't have anything scheduled for this weekend, correct?" Christen asks as she eats her food.

Vero shakes her head, "No, I've done my best to limit your appearances and shoots during the school year, so this weekend is clear."

"Perfect, I'm going to a party."

"I'm not sure that Mr Press would approve of you going to a party while he is out of town for business."

"He's always out of town for business since my Mom passed, Vero; I think it's the only way he can deal with her no longer being here."

"Perhaps, but I would suggest that you check in with your sister's before making any plans that may involve partying or alcohol."

"And they are going to tell me not to go because a badly timed photo could harm my public profile. You know what, Vero? I don't care! I'm tired of always having to be mindful of what I eat, where I go, how I dress and who I decide to be in a relationship with or heaven forbid choose to sleep with. Now, if we're done, I have to get to school, I have a debate club meeting before class."

Christen collects her Louis Vuitton bag and purse before heading out to the garage and deciding which car she favours on the day.

She collects the keys for the blacked-out Range Rover and after climbing in drives out through the gated neighbourhood where she lives. As has become the routine and also because she drives right by her door, Christen stops out front and picks up Ali on the way to school. It gives the two friends time to catch up and sing along with the latest billboard hits together, before entering the colourful building that makes up their school.

"What do you think the meeting is about?"

"Probably just another brainstorming session; I don't know but if it didn't look so good on my University applications to have an assortment of extra-curricular along with my near-perfect GPA, then I would have dropped the club a long time ago."

"I know what you mean, but I would never hear the end of it from my father if I were to do so. According to him, I need to continue to work on my presence and ability to converse on a wide variety of topics as it will help me in my future endeavours."

"Future endeavours, meaning your run for the US Presidency correct?" Christen laughs, "You gotta admit, our money would be a lot hotter looking with my picture on it rather than old dead dudes."

Ali laughs, "Whatever gets you through the day, Chris."

They head into the meeting and listen to another boring discussion and vote that very easily could have been handled through their group chat rather than bringing each one of them into the school earlier than necessary on the day.

Once it's finished Christen and Ali head to the eatery and treat themselves to one of the fancy coffee's it offers before sitting down and chatting.