Part 29

Now a few months later and a lot has happened for the group and especially Tobin. 

Letters have begun to arrive from Universities and they are all weighing out their offers, except for Christen who accepted an offer to attend Stanford University within 5 minutes of it landing on her doorstep.

For Tobin, not only has she recently moved into an actual two-bedroom apartment with her Mom, but with Alex and Ashlyn's help she was finally able to get her license. Her Father has now been released and his record cleared of all charges relating to the drug investigation. Him and her Mom are currently back in New Jersey dealing with the lawsuit they brough against the New Jersey State Police and FBI while Tobin is finally enjoying a much a needed day off sprawled out on their new couch.   

Hearing a knock on the door, she knows that it's Alex and yells, "Doors open." 

The door then opens and not just Alex walks in. Ashlyn and Ali follow her into the apartment. 

"Nice digs, Tobs." 

Tobin smiles, "Yeah, it's taking some getting used to. What's up?" 

Alex and Ali smile and Ashlyn passes a large envelope over to Tobin, "You asked me to check the mail for you at the mobile and this was in the box." 

Tobin looks at the top corner of the envelope and her eyes go wide and her jaw drops. "Oh my God, it's from UNC! What do I do?" 

"Open the damn envelope, Tobs." 

As her hands shake, she rips away the corner of the envelope and slides her finger down to split the rest open, before removing the papers from inside. 

Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, she opens them and then reads the first few lines before dropping the papers and breaking down in tears. 

The other three look at her, before Alex snatches the papers up, "Oh My God, Toby, I'm so happy for you!" Alex passes the paper to Ali before pulling Tobin into her arms. 

Tobin looks at her girlfriend as the tears rolls down her face, "I got in."

Alex smiles and then gently kisses her, "You did." 

"So, um, Tobs, how would you feel about having a roommate at UNC?" 

Tobin looks at Ashlyn for a minute before she clues into what her best friend is talking about. 

"You got an offer?" 

Ashlyn smiles and Tobin jumps in her arms, causing them all to laugh, "Really?" 

"Yes, Tobs, really. Apparently someone recommended me to the Coaching staff, you wouldn't know anything about that would you?" 

Tobin shrugs, "I may have said a few words on your behalf." 

"Thanks, Tobs." 

"Always, Ash."

Tobin retakes her seat beside Alex and reaches for her hand, "What's wrong, beautiful?" 

"I got a full ride offer from UCLA." 

"And you're accepting it, right?" 

Alex nods, "Yeah, you dreamed of playing for UNC, while I dreamed of being a Bruin. I'm sorry Tobs." 

"Don't ever be sorry, Lex; I'm proud of you, I know how hard you've worked to get into UCLA and you should take the offer." 

"You're going to be across the country from me."