Part 25

After school, the team practices and the girls notice that Kelley is smiling wider than usual and running circles around them more so than the norm. On a water break, Tobin and Ashlyn corner her.

"What's going on with you today, KO?" 

Kelley smiles and looks at Ashlyn and Tobin, "What do you mean?" 

"You're even more squirrelly than usual and you haven't stopped smiling since you got to practice. Wait, did you and Christen, you know? After we separated earlier." 

Kelley looks over at the stands where her girlfriend is sitting with Ali, "We fooled around and she may have helped me out." 

Ashlyn looks at her, "What exactly do you mean she helped you out?" 

"Why do you need to know, Ash?" 

"Umm, because I may have made a bet with Ali about you guys as well as Tobin and Alex in terms of who would have sex first." 

"Does fingering count as having sex for the bet?" 

"We didn't actually get all technical with it, but I'm going to say yes, which means you lost me the bet, KO."

"I lost you the bet by having sex with my girlfriend?" 

Ashlyn nods, "And before you ask I'm not going to tell you what the details of the bet were, only that you lost it for me, or perhaps you may have won it for me; I'm really not sure yet. Can you guys just keep this between us, please?" 

Kelley and Tobin both nod and after grabbing a quick drink rejoin their team for the remainder of the practice. 

Afterwards, they each grab a quick shower and change before joining Christen and Ali for a post-practice snack at the cafe. 

Tobin finishes eating and goes to put money down for her portion before heading to work and Christen shakes her head, "Keep your money, Alex is expecting you to take her out on a date this weekend." 

"Are you sure, I get paid Friday, so I can manage." 

Christen smiles, "It's my treat for everyone, now, put your helmet on and ride carefully." 

"Thank you. I'll see you guys later."

Tobin heads outside and makes a point of showing them that she has indeed put her helmet and light on before riding her bike to work.

Ashlyn sits quietly in the booth across from Ali as Christen and Kelley move closer and share a kiss. 

"I think I'm going to head out as well, I'm tired and could use some extra sleep, not to mention I need to check in with Dave." Ashlyn stands up and starts to walk away before stopping and turning back to Ali and placing a kiss on her cheek. "Thank you." 

"You're welcome." Ali smiles at her and Ashlyn feels her heart start racing as she walks out to her truck. 

Climbing into her truck she starts the drive back towards her and Kyle's apartment but instead turns down the long road and makes her way to the trailer park. Driving past where she previously lived, she notices that it already has new tenants, who've already put up new curtains and cleaned up the area around it. She keeps driving before pulling up to another mobile, getting out of her truck and knocking on the door. 

The door opens, "Ash, what are you doing here?" 

"Can I come in, I could really use some advice or if you're busy I can leave."

"Make you a deal, go grab us some beer and I'll get rid of my company." 

"Thanks, Hope; I'll be back shortly."