Part 8

Driving up the long driveway, there are cars and people all over the place and Alex, Christen and Ali are really feeling out of their element.

"Serv, are you sure we should be here? I mean, look at how many people are here, that has to be against some code or something, right?"

"Trust me, it's fine Alex, John throws these parties all the time and there's never been an issue."

After finding a spot to park, they climb out of the car and Servando leads them towards the house. They make their way inside and there are people all over, "Would you like something to drink, Alex?"

Alex nods and Servando leaves her in search of some drinks.

Alex, Ali and Christen stand together and take in their surroundings. A couple of girls catch Christen's attention and she quickly makes her way over to them.

"Well, that didn't take long." Alex and Ali laugh as Servando returns with drinks for them. After a little while, Ali begins to fill like a third wheel and makes an excuse that she is getting another drink to allow Serv and Alex some one on one time. Alex offers to come with her, but Ali wanting to subject her friend to a little more of the Carrasco charm, smiles back at her as she walks away.

As Ali wanders around the crowded space all she sees is people talking, drinking, dancing and making out and needing some air she heads outside and walks around the property. She finds a bench and finds herself staring at the stars while she sits there. As she starts to get cold, she decides to head back inside and find her friends, she goes room to room and has no luck.

She takes out her phone and types a message, but before she can hit the send button, her phone is knocked out of her hand. She bends down to pick it up and is then approached by a couple of guys offering to get her a drink, wanting to dance and gauging her interest in going to one of the bedrooms. She does her best to politely decline their offers and they become more forceful, eventually grabbing a hold of her. As Ali yells out for them to let her go, they are grabbed from behind and pulled back, she sees a blonde woman around her age, telling them to get lost. They nod after she speaks to them and quickly leave.

Ali locks eyes with the woman as she approaches her, "Are you okay? They didn't hurt you, did they?"

Ali can't find the words to speak as the tears threaten to fall from her eyes.

"How about we go outside and get some air?" Ali nods and allows herself to be led back outside by the blonde.

"I'm really sorry about them, they're pretty good guys, except apparently when they drink and see a beautiful woman in front of them."

Ali smiles, "Thank you."

"You're welcome, I'm Ashlyn, but everyone calls me Ash. And you are?"

"Ali."

"It's nice to meet you Ali. Are you here by yourself or is there someone inside who will be looking for you, like a boyfriend?"

"I actually came with a couple of friends. I should send them a message to let them know where I am." Ali finishes the message and sends it on to Alex and Christen.

Ashlyn noticing that Ali is shivering stands up, "I'll be right back."

Ali watches as she walks over to an old truck and pulls a blanket out of the box, before returning to her.

"It may not be the cleanest, but it's warm and you look cold." Ali allows her to cover her with the blanket. "What about you? I'm sure you're cold, too."

"A little but, it would kinda ruin my rep as a badass if I'm seen wrapped in a blanket."

Ali laughs, "Oh, you're a badass, huh? Could have fooled me." Ash smiles and looks at the ground, never having been this nervous around someone before.