Part 20

Ashlyn and some of the girls from the soccer team watch on and laugh as Kelley and Tobin run around squirting each other with water bottles until they are empty. With a truce having been called they head over to the bleachers to swap out their footwear. 

Tobin realizing she is wet and sweaty now and not wanting to show up at work in that kinda shape asks if Ashlyn minds waiting around long enough for her to grab a shower and get changed into her work clothes. The keeper takes a seat and watches the cheerleaders practice while she awaits Tobin's return. 

"Hey, Ash." 

"Ladies." Ashlyn smiles as the group walk past her and makes their way on to the field to practice their formations. 

"You want to come over to my place later, Ash?" 

Ashlyn smiles at Tiffany and scans her up and down, licking her lips in the process. "I'll see you at 7." 

Tiffany smiles and offers her a little wave before joining the group. 

"You hooking up with Tiff again, Ash? I thought you were beyond here now." 

 "Girl is flexible Tobs and I mean flex-i-ble!" 

Ashlyn smiles and Tobin laughs and shakes her head, "Can we go now?" 

They head to Ashlyn's Monsta and climb in, 10 minutes later it decides that it wants to start and they make their way towards the pizza shop. 

"Thanks for the ride, Ash. Have fun with Tiffany." 

"Oh, I will." Ashlyn smiles wide and moves her eyebrows causing Tobin to bust out laughing. 

Walking into the shop, Tobin is surprised to find Kyle sitting behind the counter waiting for her. 

They fist bump, "You're not on the schedule tonight, so why are you here, man?" 

"I'm your fairy Godfather, emphasis on the fairy part." 

Tobin looks at him, "Dude, I can't take you seriously right now."

"I know about you and Alex, Tobs." 

"Okay, well considering you're the brother of one of her best friends, I guess that's not surprising." 

"Listen, Alex is like a sister to me as well, as she and Ali have been friends forever." 

"Okay, is there a point to this conversation coming soon because I need to punch in." 

"The point is that I'm here to cover your shift for you tonight and ..." 

The bell on the door chimes out causing Tobin to look and smile when she sees Alex enter the shop. 

Tobin looks between Alex and Kyle and understands what is going on. 

Kyle flicks his hand towards them, "Go and have fun; oh and use protection." 

They both laugh at him as they walk outside, hug each other and then share a long kiss. 

"I thought we had plans for tomorrow night, not tonight." 

"We do, but I thought you might like to watch the USWNT practice so I asked Kyle to cover for you tonight." 

"Seriously? Yes! Let's go! But wait does that mean we aren't going to the Art Gallery?" 

Alex leans in and kisses Tobin, before looking into her eyes and smiling, We are still going to the Gallery tomorrow, now get in the car or else we're going to miss the beginning of the practice."