Part 23

After making the walk to the garage only to find that Ashlyn isn't working, Tobin not having any other place to hang until she needs to be at work asks Dave if it's okay for her to stay for a while. Noticing how upset Tobin looked when she arrived and assuming something happened between her and her alcoholic Mom again, Dave smiles and nods letting Tobin know it's fine with him if she stays for a bit.

Ring, ring

Tobin looks at the screen on her phone and again the tears begin to fall as she answers it.

"Hey, Lex."

"I'm so sorry Tobs, I know how much that bike meant to you. Are you doing okay otherwise?"

"Not really, my Mom is back drinking and destroyed all the dishes in the house and I just walked from home to the garage only to find out that Ash isn't working today. I tried calling her but only got her voicemail."

"Ali is supposed to meet her and Kyle for breakfast, I think; do you want me to message her and ask if she can pick you up?"

"No, it's okay; I don't want to bother anyone with my problems."

"Tobs, I can be there in about a half-hour; do you want me to come and see you?"

"Aren't you supposed to be spending time with your sisters, today?"

"Yeah, but you're more important to me than spending a spa day with my sisters. I'll be there ASAP."

"Thanks, Lex."

"I'll see you soon."

Tobin put her phone in her pocket and not wanting to just sit there and do nothing, she gathers up some cleaning stuff and starts tidying up the shop and office for Dave.

Dave comes in, sees what she is doing and sets a cold drink down for her before heading back to work on a customer's old Chevy.

A short time later as she finishes cleaning the windows, she smiles with the realization that Alex has just arrived. She put the cleaning supplies away and washes up before making her way outside to see her girlfriend and hugging her.

"Sorry, I'm kinda dirty I was cleaning to pass the time."

Alex smiles, "It's okay. So how long until you need to be at work?"

"A couple of hours, I always do the closing shift on Saturdays because the tips are usually better with all the deliveries."

"You still don't have your license though, aren't you afraid of getting in trouble with the police?"

"They'd have to catch me first!" Tobin gives her a grin and Alex shakes her head before taking her hand.

"Being as though we have some time on our hands, how about we go and get you your learner's permit and work towards making you a legal driver because I really don't want to be involved with a lawbreaker."

"You aren't going to drop this are you?" Alex shakes her head, "No, now go and get your stuff."

Tobin heads inside and grabs her bag, waving to Dave to let him know that she's heading out.

Once inside Alex's car, they lean in and share a short kiss. "Lex, don't I need a parent's signature to get my permit?"

"Crap, I didn't think of that. How about we go and find out if you can get it without a parental signature"

"Also, I can't exactly afford to pay for driving lessons, that's why Ash has been teaching me."

"We'll figure it out Tobs, don't worry I gotcha."