Chapter Nineteen

"Be careful who you share your weaknesses with. Some people can't wait for the opportunity to use them against you."

LEIRA'S POV

"When you return home from the trip with Blake's daughter, note that you'll be greeted with my absence. There are things I need to tend to that involves Calvin Woodland," my father alerted me. "It can be a fast or awfully slow job, but either way, I won't be home settling it."

"What problem do you have to solve this time?" I questioned while gazing at Justice. He was looking at the knife and switchblade I had, items that I seldom put out in the open.

"Our men were killed, weren't they? Words have travelled and I learned that it was his men that committed the murder. I will end him." The words sent shivers down my spine. His tone showed that he was determined. "I'm seconds away from it."

My eyes were settled on Justice. It was his father we were talking about. Knowing Andrew, he would not stop, even in the cruellest moment, to think that Calvin had a family.

"Have fun on the trip, Lei," Andrew mustered a gentle tone before hanging up.

I wanted to tell Justice what my father planned because he just recently developed a unique relationship with Calvin. He cared for his father and although he had not admitted, he looked passed Calvin's mistakes and came close to forgiving him. I could tell that for once in Justice's life, he felt what it was like to have a dad.

I needed to make up my mind. To tell or hold back. Betray or protect.

"Justice," my voice came out awfully soft. "My father's plotting a scheme."

"What do you mean?" he requested for me to expand on what I said. Two sides of my mind were fighting to decide the right option.

"My father's killing yours," I admitted.

That very statement caused his eyes to widen in shock. He wanted to save his father, but he felt helpless.

"How? He wouldn't; my father's hidden."

I searched my memory for any information that could help him. I said, "A while ago, my father discovered a man that was working for Calvin while he was in jail. I'm guessing the undercover worker leaked the information."

"Is there a way I can find him?" Justice was starting to panic as the information registered in his brain. I read what his eyes and body language revealed—he wanted to dash out, but he did not know where to go.

"I think I know," I blurted. The research I did came to assist my thinking. "Your father has this underground place where he would store dead bodies and insane things as such. It would be his one safe place to go. I have its location." I scrambled to grab my phone to release the address that I noted down.

Before I could say another word on the matter, Justice was already sprinting out of my room.

It was not safe for him to rush into death. My father would not hesitate to pierce a bullet through Justice's heart knowing that he was trying to slow him down.

I raced behind him, ignoring the odd stares of those speaking in the living room.

He was talking to a guard and after receiving a nod, they climbed into the car. I panicked and hastily approached another guard to request a ride.

"Follow the car in front," I rushed my words. Calvin could be dead by now if he lacked protection.

I noticed that I had the correct location when I spotted Andrew's cars parked nearby. The place looked like a common garage, but there was a noticeable door in a distance that required a fingerprint detector. I assumed that the man who privately worked for Calvin had given the entrance. The door was open and I speculated that it was stuck that way.