41. Prom and Forever Afters

Hi, guys. This chapter has been re-edited.

I still feel like it isn't my best work but I just generally had no idea for their prom.

I just typed whatever I was thing lol.

Anyway I hope you enjoy this version better.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Prom is in an hour and everything that could possibly go wrong is going wrong.

Carolina randomly got the flu three days ago.

None of us know how she got it, heck, she doesn't even know how she got it.

Kayden spontaneously fractured his arm five days ago.

I think Carolina and him bumped each other too hard, if you know what I mean.

And Charlotte is stressing out more than normal.

It's gotten to the point where she's locked herself in the dining room.

She's been acting weird for a few days now.

Whenever her phone rings, she immediately checks it. After reading the notification she either makes a lame excuse as to why she has to leave or she just gets up and leaves.

I've tried to talk to her about it but she just blocks me out.

I'm not the only one that thinks that is weird, right?!

"What the hell is happening?" I yell out in frustration as Kayden walks into the kitchen

I'm so confused.

How did all of this happen in such a short amount of time!

"You're asking the wrong person" he says as he reaches up and takes a cosmic brownie from my snack cabinet. He attempts to open it but ultimately fails since he only has one arm.

"Hey, that's mine!" I yell at him with annoyance but don't take it from him since he's recently been injured

Whatever, I'll just start hiding my snacks.

"Aspen, have some sympathy for us crippled people" Kayden says with an eye roll

Is he serious right now?!

"Incase you haven't noticed I have the same cast" I say as I hold up my three week old cast

I'm so happy that I'm getting it taken off next week.

He glances over at me and sucks his lips into his mouth as he turns his attention back to the, still unopened, cosmic brownie.

"Oh" he says with a tone of realization

"Yeah, oh" I say with an eye roll

I suddenly see someone moving, rather slowly, out the corner of my eye.

I turn my head in the direction of the figure only for my eyes to widen in shock when they land on a lifeless looking Carolina that's leaning against the kitchen door frame.

She looks worse than she did this morning.

She's very pale.

Her messy bun is basically a knot on the top of her head.

Her under eye bags are a grey-ish color.

And she can barely stand on her own two feet.

"Carolina?" I say in shock which causes Kayden to drop his brownie and face her with wide eyes