Chapter Ten

Melody's P.O.V

The Sins, demons and have all left Camelot and are continuing our way to Ravens, King Arthur wanted to join us but Merlin had to cast a sleeping charm on him so we could leave easily this morning. 

Inside the tavern, I'm behind cleaning the glasses and steins, perched upon the bar counter, with my back to everyone as they talk about strategy, "So we'll park up at Ravens and see what the citizens say," Papa says.

"The people of Ravens won't give you information for nothing Cap'n," Ban says with a sigh, "They are the worst kind of people as they can give you information but it could also be a lie at the same time."

"Right, I know... We need to be aware of that," Papa says and goes silent for a while, "So, how do we get Ravens people to tell us the truth?"

"With great difficulty," I say and slide off the counter and walk to them at the centre table, "So, where are we settling?" I ask looking at the map.

"We will be stopping outside of Ravens," Papa says, "So, any ideas how to get anything out of them?"

"Nope, none," Ban and I say.

I fold my arms across my chest and look at Papa who is looking at us blankly, "They aren't very giving, it's all about themselves... Especially the adults," I say.

"Tell me about it," Ban grumbles and I giggle a little, "Wasn't funny."

"I never said it was, now did I?" I ask and walk upstairs, "The men are a sucker for Papa's style of tavern uniform but... More... So act towards it," I look at Merlin, Isabella and Diane, "It's one of the ways to get men to be truthful," I tell them and walk upstairs.

"When you say more what do you mean?" King asks.

I turn to him and look at Merlin's outfit, "Imagine Merlin's and Papa's style mixed together," I walk upstairs.

"She's not wrong, men are scum in Ravens... If they think there's something they can gain they may give anything in return," Ban says.

I walk into our room and get out my tavern uniform and begin to make adjusts to one of my outfits. 

After I altered my outfit I try it on and look at myself in the mirror, "BAN!" I shout and I hear footsteps coming towards the room, "Ban?"

"Yeah, you okay?" Ban asks from outside the room.

"Yeah, can you come in?" I ask and the door opens, Ban walks in and shuts the door behind him. He looks at him and freezes, his eyes scan my body, "Everything okay?"

"Yes, yes, everything is okay," Ban nods and walks to me, "Looks amazing Melody," He says and wraps his arms around my waist looking at me, "What is it you needed help with?"

"If this would get the men talking at Ravens?" I ask and I feel my cheek heat up in slight embarrassment.

Ban stepped back and looked me up and down, "As much as I want to lock us up with you dressed like that, I know we can't... Yes, it will," Ban says and looks at the ground. I take hold of his hand and he looks at him, "What is it?"

"I'm right here, with you always. No one will be doing what they want with me I promise," I tell him and lean up, pecking his lips lightly.

"How can you be so sure?" Ban asks looking me in the eyes.

"How? Because I am right now... I've never felt so... Unconflicted with my powers before," I tell him and smile, resulting with him returning my smile, "It's so nice that I feel like neither of the powers will try to take me over."